TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

2. american rationale -- finally up as well!

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 2nd 2004#152227 Report
Sekzy, I will tell you this. Yes, being a religous man, I don't like #1 at all. But I find the next 2 to be hilarious, you definatly need more stuff like that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2004#152364 Report
I'm as much of an atheist as one can be, but I didn't find #1 funny. The next two were much better, the first two panels of #2 are meh as far as jokes go (though true), but it was ended well, and #3 was just funny.

As for your site design, which is what we're here for, I very much like it. I've never quite managed the grundgy look, so I appriciate what you've done there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2004#152385 Report
How’s he supposed to improve his work from subjective reasoning? I can't speak for him but I personally wouldn't give a crap if any of you laugh or not at a comic I made. It's all about personal taste. I bet there are some people that'll find it funny.

Whether his website (which he wants us to critique) actually fits his comic is what we should look at. GEEZE! Personally I think it fits his dark sense of humor...

I think I agree with mihai on changing the type though. With a comic you should be able to read the dialog and narrations fairly quickly because people need to get the joke or whatever you're trying to say with so little amount of words. Gothic type looks nice but it’s hard to read and isn’t practical.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2004#152393 Report
I still liked all those gamer comics you showed me back in the day. But the thrid one is the best.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2004#152400 Report
didnt read the whole debate preceding my post because i'm just lazy.

my opinion however, is um, dunno, the god one is pretty funny, but it needs timing, it reads like a stand-up sketch kind of thing, first time i read it i wasnt too impressed, then i read it over and paused a bit for the punchline, sounds weird but thats how my head worked it, and i had a little laugh.
secondly (was there a firstly?) they're too short. yeah the gags are designed to be that way, but comics generally arent.

nice sketches though.
x
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2004#152523 Report
ooh. havent been here a while. my bad.

anyway, yeah. though i agree with flackbait about doing it for yourself, maybe i will change it. i just needed some sort of a roundabout way to start off.

and emptyspace - glad you liked it but I don't think it's a good comic if you have to go through all that work to enjoy it.

though I don't intend to make the comics longer, really...

i'll see if i can't come up with another comic to replace as the first. if I do, i'll repost it here.

thanks for the crits guys :D (anyone else?)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum