TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Portfolio Site

Page: 1 Reply
May 31st 2004#152064 Report
I finally designed a new portfolio site for myself. I haven’t posted any work in awhile so I thought I share this. I post a lot in the misc section but I wanted to show I do some of the same stuff you guys do too lol. I have some of my current work on the site as well.

Keep in mind it’s not finished and I’m not trying to revolutionize the web design world lol. I was just looking to create a clean and simple website for myself where I should post my design and illustration work.

The logo and theme of the template was designed as part of a project at my school. In case you’re wondering Mavn stands for Maven which basically means knowledgeable and experienced. As part of a project we had to come up with symbols and icons for our company name and then create an indexical sign from that. So mine basically came from knowledge equals power kind of thing. So that’s why they’re some electronic elements in it. Kind of hard to explain without showing thought maps charts and research. But I hope it makes a little sense.

www.mavndesign.com
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#152096 Report
hmmm. I want to say chop off the tab at the top/bottom. With the top tab, it add so much weight to the layout that it competes with the logo. Really the most important thing you want is for the viewers eye to start at your logo. Though being a portfolio....the logo isnt as important as say a business......but it still holds more importance than the top tab.

The problem is....i dont think id like your layout as much being square. Maybe you should extend the tabs the full lenght so you have rounded corners instead. If you do....id align the top edge of the top green rectangle with the top of the M....cutting everything above that imaginary line. Then due to the white space left.......bring the top/rounded corners down a bit which would also give you more breathing room at the top of the page.

On the right side.......where you header graphic ends....use that the cut your nav to lenght. Right now that top line of the nav extends to the right border which looks a little odd. It should align with the header instead.

Also whatever you decide to do, you still need to set the matte color of the rounded corners so it blends with your background. White fringe is evil.

Overall though....not bad. I like your logo.....and the nav and the header are both fairly unique. Also the gray/green color scheme works well. GJ
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2004#152128 Report
[QUOTE=Rodder454]hmmm. I want to say chop off the tab at the top/bottom. With the top tab, it add so much weight to the layout that it competes with the logo. Really the most important thing you want is for the viewers eye to start at your logo. Though being a portfolio....the logo isnt as important as say a business......but it still holds more importance than the top tab.

The problem is....i dont think id like your layout as much being square. Maybe you should extend the tabs the full lenght so you have rounded corners instead. If you do....id align the top edge of the top green rectangle with the top of the M....cutting everything above that imaginary line. Then due to the white space left.......bring the top/rounded corners down a bit which would also give you more breathing room at the top of the page.

On the right side.......where you header graphic ends....use that the cut your nav to lenght. Right now that top line of the nav extends to the right border which looks a little odd. It should align with the header instead.

Also whatever you decide to do, you still need to set the matte color of the rounded corners so it blends with your background. White fringe is evil.

Overall though....not bad. I like your logo.....and the nav and the header are both fairly unique. Also the gray/green color scheme works well. GJ[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the time to give me some input. You know I’ve looked at my site so much I didn’t even notice the green line in my nave bar didn’t follow what I was doing everywhere else. Thanks for pointing that out.

I definitely need to get rid of the white fringe. That shouldn’t be too hard to fix. I think it was one of those obvious things I noticed that I needed to change but I’ve waited till I finished everything else to actually go back and get rid of that.

When I get some more time to work on my site I’m going to make those corrections. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum