TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

portfolio new version

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 23rd 2004#151210 Report
hello. this is my tiny portfolio site. it is up with a new version and i would be happy if you check it and give me your opinion about that.

-> http://www.lowstyle.net

thanks
alex
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2004#151219 Report
from what i saw it looks really cool, perhaps change the music to something more basic and less casio keyboard demo, but its really smooth and nice...

gj

xxx
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2004#151230 Report
i really like the site. it looks very clean, easy to navigate and i can tell that you put the effort into it. the portfolio is well displayed and i really like how it turns into a slide show when you click on one of the thumbnails. i personally like the music for some reason. it took a few minutes to get into it but i think it creates a calming feeling that lets you kick back and enjoy the site.
i guess the only thing i don't like is rough paper texture that holds the interface. all the components of the site are very clean and geometric that i don't see how that particular part fits with the rest. might want to brainstorm on how you can change it to make it flow with the site more.
very nice work overall. an 8/10
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2004#151290 Report
Nice work. My comment is make the flash transitions faster. Either I am getting more impatient in my old age or the concept is getting old, but if I have to sit thru 5 seconds of buttons appearing on the screen I get agitated... You have good flash skills so I am not knocking you on that level, but I use the web a lot to get information and bounce between pages like speedy gonzalez and don't really want to sit and watch the page appear.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2004#151349 Report
Pretty sweet. My only suggestion would be something different with the music. Something softer.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2004#151736 Report
Great skills and I love the music, but prehaps have it off by default? I hate having sites burst into music when I have Winamp on in the background.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2004#151740 Report
umm...where's the nav?

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#152049 Report
well, i haven't been online for a couple of days. thank you for your replies and your opinions.

i changed the background to something more simple, so it fits better with the overall site "style" i think.

[QUOTE=Fig]umm...where's the nav?

chris[/QUOTE]
@ Fig: you don't see the navigation?

regards
alex
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#152060 Report
negative, i get a news link in the left column and that's it. i may be running flash player 6 here, might that be the prob? not sure if i have priviledges to update it on this box or not, i'll try and see...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#152063 Report
[QUOTE=Fig]negative, i get a news link in the left column and that's it. i may be running flash player 6 here, might that be the prob? not sure if i have priviledges to update it on this box or not, i'll try and see...

chris[/QUOTE]

uhh. normally flash player 6 is enough. could you send me a screenshot or something!? would be very kind.

alex
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum