TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Vectorr

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 21st 2004#151037 Report
***** Updates Below ***

Damn I wish I had a few extra $$ to throw around.....id probably put this up. For now though...i guess it goes the route of my other experiments. It also would have been a nice CSS canidate.....so lack of $$ sucks even more lol.

I also tried to use color (LOL!)....trying to break the gray mold i use for everything. I cant help it though.....i love simple colors. But atleast its a light brown instead of a light gray!!

I also have a second version

where i put a brown box around the "featured work"...even though its consistent with the left side.......it really throws off the weight of the layout ( i think anyway)
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2004#151039 Report
Sounds like some sort of dinosaur ;)

Really digging the layout. Really nice simple and a great soft colour scheme to boot. I prefer the first version personally.....although the second's not bad either........hmmmm i like em both :D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2004#151045 Report
lol @ dinosaur. Either that or some kinda vodka/alcohol lol.

Then i thought to myself.....what the hell...... i'll try skinning a board to match the site (never done this before).

Based off phpBB : Vectorr BB

Its simple, but it works (not like that...its not real lol). It went quick (only like an hour and a half). Most of it was trying to fake all the numbers...that was pain!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2004#151047 Report
hey that's nice - I wanna join

I have some space and some bandwidth I can spare if it helps - what do you need to make it work? PM me
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2004#151099 Report
Awesome, looking great. Vectorr2 layout is the best.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2004#151112 Report
just as an update kinda thing...... im going to try and go through with the site :D . A little help + a little sacrifice might = a decent site. we'll see.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#151996 Report
Just dont injure any tables. Ill code it up with CSS if you want...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2004#152147 Report
How can I have missed this?
Well I want to help out too.
Sounds like a really nice idea!
I was thinking about making a tutorial site for illustrator myself.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2004#152175 Report
Looks great man.. I also have some extra webspace & such... I'd really like to see this online

Endat
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2004#157595 Report
Well as a lot of my projects go, this kinda went down the drain too. Reason being i just ran out of all creative ideas and could not finish the design so i could figure out how to make it.

Though the project is still on hold, i was bored and decided to take another look at the layout. Then the ideas just started flowing

orig: http://www.shiftstate.com/Projects/team/vectorr_layout.gif

updates :
http://www.shiftstate.com/Projects/team/vectorr_layout3.jpg
http://www.shiftstate.com/Projects/team/vectorr_layout4.jpg

I axed the left menu ( i hated the look of it and it was a bitch to code into the CSS). I think getting rid of the information is an acceptable risk if it'll make the design look better.

So now it has a slim/clean style. Too clean (?) maybe. So i though maybe i could accent the layout with some kinda swirly-vectory-looking graphics. The ones i made were just a quick idea....so they're not set in stone.

Also with it's new style, the gallery was easy add, so i mocked that up aswell.

These pics are perfect though. I just cut/pasted up screenshots......i didnt actually edit my PSD. If the changes are good, i'll redo them in the PSD.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum