TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

first interface

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1262 Report
That is the only upside to still having a 56K connection, I think... as a web designer, I can view my pages and make sure they're loading fast enough on an average connection. That is the ONLY thing a 56K is good for though. LOL

Woohoo, Charm!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1278 Report
the good thing about having DSL is that it rarely works, so you get to view web pages with a 56k connection.

*CHARM*
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1282 Report
LOL!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1311 Report
My DSL works marvelously. Downloading consistently at 160k per second, web pages one or two seconds. How far away are you from the hub thing? I'm less than a mile from the switchbox/hub/thing, so I get really good speeds.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1315 Report
Coding by hand is essential for really learning how to design for the web. Let me repeat that: Coding by hand is ESSENTIAL for really learning how to design for the web. After you've learned that, however, IMO it's more of a novelty and pretty inefficient. I find that I can do things far faster using Photoshop/ImageReady, Dreamweaver, and a text editor to fix things that need to be fixed. The key is knowing how to fix those things

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1320 Report
Knowing how to fix things is not the only key (although it is HUGE...if you can't go into the source and comprehend it, you are going to have problems), but you also need to know the limitations of your software. for example, you may rely on dreamweaver to code complex tables, but on the other hand you might decide to write out your own javascript.

the current layout-based (as opposed to code-based) programs have improved greatly. they are much better when it comes to efficient code than they used to be, but they are not perfect.

if a designer wants to be taken seriously he/she needs to consider the code. anyone can 'view source' and nothing looks more unprofessional than "paste html code here" or some computer generated nonsense code that no person can reasonably understand.

*CHARM*

Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1331 Report
NOTEPAD IS MY BEST FRIEND!! lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1333 Report
Didn't say I "COULDN'T" just..... NAH!
I prefer not to, if I run into something where I have to then I have no problem going into the code and fixin' it....
thats why DW has that button ....right?

Can't say I "Fully" understand everything I run across when looking thru "some" code...but you can bet within minutes of seeing something I dont understand I can come up with some resources to explain it to me.
Aint the internet great? Lol!

PS. I use Ultra edit
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum