TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Just showing...my latest site

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 27th 2004#149031 Report
thought id get some opinions on what people thought of this site i made,

www.frozenentity.com/v2/

none of the links in the profile work at this point, but im looking for comments or flaws on the site itself.

looks best at 800 X 600, but can be viewed by any resolution.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 27th 2004#149032 Report
few general comments:
first, it looks cropped off on the sides on the bottom, or more like incomplete. something needs to be going on at the bottom at least, for visual support.
the rollovers are too slow. i don't see why you didn't just make them in flash, unless of course you don't have flash.
your layout is sliced up into way too many images, which slows down the download and makes the server hurt. did you slice everything out in photoshop? if so, you need to learn more about slicing for output and getting it back together in html. you can have nested tables you know. i think that you can take your sliced graphics down to 1/4 the ammount of what you have now.
the portfolio page, you need to make the graphics and web design links more obvious. i didn't really notice them at first with all the other stuff you've got going on. make them rollover or something.
i get a page not found on almost half of your portfolio work. very unprofessional.
keep working on it. you seem to have a nice theme going.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 27th 2004#149033 Report
fair comments, i apreciate the straight foward approach...

i did mention that the links in the portfolio weren't all working, as a note, the site isn't complete, that is why im asking for the assistance. You mentioned that the slicing is done to a too greater degree... or something along those lines... how would i decrease the slicing to make them fewer... yes i did the slicing in photoshop.

I have flash, but am still learning how to do things in it, im starting with some simple tutorials at this point, but i hope to get into flash more over the next few months, if you have any suggestions regarding that, let me know.

Thank you for your comments, they are apreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 27th 2004#149041 Report
if you'd like you can send me your psd and i can set up the slices for you so you can look at them and see what i ment. if not, then i'm not sure what to tell you because it's easier to show than to explain.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 27th 2004#149042 Report
sure, that would be great, very helpfull... do you hav an email address i can send it too, or perharps msn?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 27th 2004#149044 Report
i don't see why you didn't just make them in flash, unless of course you don't have flash.

No. It is much better without flash. Flash buttons by themselves, especially ones that small, are useless. an animated gif does it fine and you don't want to have to go downloading plugins just so you can navigate.

If this is your site, keep it non flash as it is. or make the whole site flash. Don't just use flash just for the hell of it, you have to be cautious with it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum