TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new portfolio site

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 19th 2004#148361 Report
hi guys,

i just partly finished my new portfolio site, currently the links all work but on those links some works some doesnt .. please tell me what u guys think of it, and what can be improved, etc

http://www.5elementsdesignstudio.com/new/

thanks a ton
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 19th 2004#148364 Report
I think it looks nice and clean.

I like your interface. Looks like you’re still kind of getting the bugs out. Personally I’m not too fond of the country outlines enlarged and overlapping everything. (Talking mainly about the process and resume rollovers.) On some of the links on the other page some of the rollover (blinking dots) ride the line a little. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re going for.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 19th 2004#148366 Report
Paijo, WOW!
I love it, I really do!
I have never seen a design like this!
It's something totally new and I think that's one of the hardest things to do when it comes to designing things.
I really give you the thumbs and toes up for that!
The don't mind the outlines at all...
I like when there is something a bit special about the site and that works imo on this site.
If they wouldn't be there, then it would become too "business" style and become boring.
There is only one thing that could use some work...
The text is blurry...I don't know anything about flash and I know there are a lot of sites having this problem but then again there are alot of flash sites with perfect fonts.
So it's possible to get it all crisp and nice...but ask me how :P
You have to post it again when it's ready!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 19th 2004#148367 Report
Tjihoou, what bjorn said and more...Can't wait to view it when it's ready.

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 19th 2004#148387 Report
thx guys, and Flax I will check on that blinking dots rolling over the lines, and yeah I am indeed still making it smoother and all. Which is why I'm posting this before I add in my stuff into the portfolio. it's harder for me to change things once everything is added in :p

so anybody noticed any other bugs that just stands out and needs to be fixed?

again, thx thx
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 19th 2004#148395 Report
only thing id ont dig is the animation like for example, when you click a link like process, the box expands? put easing on the box to make it look smooth. same witht he other links.

otherwise well done man.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 19th 2004#148401 Report
thank you,

ah! now i see what you mean by that animation being 'choppy' i dont know why but i checked at work and it does look choppy, and slower also. i didnt have that problem when i was working on it at home.

my guess is that its probably cause i set the fps rate too high perhaps? i think i set it at 24 or 30 fps. is that too high? cause i remember that some computers at school cant show it on 24 fps. instead it's just at 12 fps so it became really slow.

so does that mean i should stick to 12 fps when i work in flash? or maybe im totally off base here? any help would be very appreciated .. thnx much

[QUOTE=supahsekzy]only thing id ont dig is the animation like for example, when you click a link like process, the box expands? put easing on the box to make it look smooth. same witht he other links.

otherwise well done man. [/QUOTE]
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 19th 2004#148404 Report
No, paijo. 30 is actually perfect. 12 is too low. The more frames you have going per second, the smoother animations will be.

what i meant is that when you have a motion tween, and you check the properties of the tween there's a thing called "Tween" and you can set a value from -100 to 100. try putting it to 100 and see if it looks smoother.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2004#148509 Report
thanks a lot for the input you guys, I've changed it a tad now, still got works to do but what I did was that I smoothen out the animation, I hope it does look less choppy now. sekzy that easing really helps a lot i think. thx a ton :D

The rollovers have gotten a few comments as being too 'busy' .. that is however, something that I like personally, so I tried toning it down a bit, hopefully it's better now

well ya I'll keep posting updates, as soon as i added some work, but I do hope the animation is better now. thx for the input.

and also if anything looks wrong or out of place, please do point it out. an extra pair of eyes is always welcome!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2004#148535 Report
I liked that interface, nice work man. One thing tho, maybe make the links area a little wider. Thats not a feeling that I had tho, maybe works for the rest.

Really good anyhow!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum