TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

newtutorials.com

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 24th 2004#146244 Report
Hello,

My first post here

I am planning a redesign of http://www.newtutorials.com .

The layout will be very similar to this one, but with many changes. I want to hear your comments about the current version of the desing, like what you like and what you do not like...

This will help me make new layout better.

Thank you for your time.

Noxcel.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2004#146277 Report
The first problem is contrast. There is no seperation between layout/content so everything blends. An easy fix would be to darken the BG....though it may add unnecessary contrast to the headers/text. Pixel borders may help....maybe a nice dark gray. You might also add a gradient to the section headers (like the actual header/buttons). Just play around with a bit of contrast and you should be fine.

Im not sure if its because of the ads (or you made it like that to fit the ads...etc), but the Nav/Footer extends to the edges of the screen when your layout doesnt. You need to pick either one or the other (meaning make the layout full screen or move the ads and reposition the nav/footer to fit within the layout)

"++ " doesnt add anything. its meaning less... so id ditch that. It just clutters everything up.

Also...to tell you the truth.....i totally missed the fact that you have a REAL nav under the buttons. I like the idea of the buttons.....simple...straight to the point but something needs to be done so its not a black hole of attention. maybe smaller......or make the real nav stand out somehow.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2004#146287 Report
Dang rodder, you are like, the master critique guy. I agree with everything rodder says, fix those and your layout will be sexy.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2004#146304 Report
I would maybe throw in some gradients and maybe some patterns?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2004#146353 Report
thanks for the comments people
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 26th 2004#146380 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 26th 2004#146447 Report
[QUOTE=WISPERatME]http://www.newtutorials.com/creating-tubes-in-photoshop.htm

isnt that heathrowes tutorial?[/QUOTE]

"CREATING TUBES IN PHOTOSHOP | By: Heathrowe.com " ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum