TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New layout im making

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 16th 2004#145530 Report
Please give me an honest opinion :

http://www.damienbenoit.com/layout.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2004#145543 Report
well to be honest, that color blue on black is a very harsh color scheme. It would work well though if you dulled down the blue a bit. My other worry is the nav. I took me a minute to realize the vertical words were part of it. If your going to break the nav up like that, then you'll have to create a way to draw attention to them. But maybe a duller blue would help cause the blue now is over powering the white text.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2004#145547 Report
getting much better as far as creativity goes. the main problem now are the nav links as rodder already mentioned. i see that you're trying to go for somehting different but it looks irritating to me since there is not any consistency on the positioning and the angles. the links are too thrown around. i don't see why you can't just have them all under the name, or even better, in a column to the left of the face. you might also want to consider some kind of graphic for the bottom. right now it seems very top heavy, and i get this feeling like the content will all just fall downward when it's there.
but, nice job and it's good to see that you're trying something new.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 17th 2004#145565 Report
thanx alot, i was trying to get the thrown around menu look though, thats what i like about it and also the look like its a torn page and just the top area is shown and all the content will be under it like its a book and thats the cover that is torn and just mostly top visible. I understand that people like different things, and different styles. thats the thing i've learned about graphic design also lately, that it constantly changes, and there are really no real rules cause they are always broken, correct me if im wrong but i think i am right about that!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 17th 2004#145567 Report
it's busted.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 17th 2004#145576 Report
ahh, well thanx anyway... im using it.. here is the layout in action :

http://www.damienbenoit.com/printdesigns.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 17th 2004#145580 Report
it's an interesting concept, but i find it kinda dark.
i also don't like the font you chose.
i'd also chose another font that times rew roman size 1. +)
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 17th 2004#145586 Report
unique idea. Stuff is a little scattered. But who doesnt like something different?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum