TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Trial Intro

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 8th 2001#12209 Report
Hey, I've just put together a intro page for my site. It's a bit plane. Simple is better, but I need something more. Let mek now what you think. Non of the links are set up yet.

http://www.geocities.com/celebrityslides/Intro.htm

Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 9th 2001#12257 Report
nothing? Is the site so boring that there's nothing to say? Please give me something to work with.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 9th 2001#12261 Report
Yeah, I think it's a little boring. That one little image looks a lot like a banner ad. I would add more of an interface. I do appreciate the fact that you just used html for most of it, instead of a bunch of images though. I think it's too dark. But that may just be me. I would use a white background, and a brighter blue. Are you going to use an iFrame to scroll the content?

I like that you are trying to go minimal with it, I would just brighten it up.

Also those little animated boomy things are really distracting, and if I were to try to read the content, I would keep looking up there, and be distracted, and my eyes would hurt.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 9th 2001#12263 Report
Thanks deker, it is a bit dark of a page but I'm just trying to keep it in theam of all the other pages on the site. In the frames, it will only be minimal information. The blue text on the left will be linked to the different pages of the site. This page is basically only a main navigation center.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 9th 2001#12264 Report
Are the other pages in the site already created or something?

It's probably just my opinion with the blackness. Some people like it, I know. I used to when I first got into the internet. I hated sites with white backgrounds and thought they were really boring. "They look just like paper... How boring...." But as I learn more about web design, and pay attention to how I look at web sites, myself, I realize that I really don't like them at all. But a lot of people do, so your site is fine.

I would just either add more graphics, or take even more away. One of the two. You're kind of in the middle there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 9th 2001#12383 Report
I'm doing a bit more work on it but I need some suggestions for the page. I've got to add something, I don't have photoshop so I'm limited to basic design and simple graphics to make the site look good.

Lets keep the comments coming.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2001#12413 Report
well..if its too dark for deker then its probably too dark for me...personally im still waiting it to load...stupid cable...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2001#12414 Report
ok ...i just got it to load...i don't think that it is too dark..just bad..color scheme..dekers right ..u should prob have a white background with black text...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2001#12447 Report
I know it's a bit too dark, but I just tried it out with white and now it looks extremely plan (black seemes to absorb space some how) I'm going to try it in gray tomorrow, hopfully it will work out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2001#12458 Report
Just a bit to dark. And like umm it is veryy Boring.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum