TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

PremMidha.com

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 7th 2004#144600 Report
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. I heard from a friend that you give good suggestions when reviewing a website. I'm fairly pleased with my new layout, but certain things like the text / link styles don't quite make me happy. Any comments and/or suggestions you could give me would be much appreciated.

http://www.premmidha.com/

Thanks,
Prem Midha
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 7th 2004#144601 Report
Looking very good man. The audio text is very small, I don't know if that is what you wanted or anything. I like the background a lot, and I like how clean the site is.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 7th 2004#144603 Report
Overal...pretty good!

Crits:

- The first thing im unsure about is the header. Normally id say make it way smaller and add some graphics....but its simplicity is somewhat nice. The font works well and the colors are good. Maybe shave 1/4 to 1/2 off the top of the header. This would be a better use of screen space and it would move the layout up. Also (this ties in with what im about to say below) taking off a little bit of space would make it fit better into the overall layout...rather than just a name in the corner. Aslo Maybe you could add a horizontal rule or something similiar to the left of the name.....just so its not a stand alone element (same idea as above)

-The bg color.....i think you would benefit if you lightened it up a little bit (just a little). It would add more contrast (seperate your layout from the bg) and the shadows would be easier to see. The reason i say "little"....is if you put too much contrast (too light) than your layout will become darker and harder to read.

-The nav font has got to go (/me tries not to be so blunt). An arial or veranda would work fine i think. Its just too hard to read with the current font. Also the anti-aliasing is screwing it up a little bit (some areas are bright...some are dark etc)

- Whatever is under the "audio" portion (menu i think) is so small its beyond recognition (in opera 6)

- Also your login (in opera 6) is strechted out of the borders and a little into the content. You may want to check the size of those.

- Add a small footer. The content seems to end so abrubtly its almost confusing (like when a site doesnt fully load and doesnt allow you to scroll down)

Apart from those though (most are minor changes anyway).......its a fairly nice/clean layout! Good job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 7th 2004#144609 Report
Thanks for the quick responses! I agree with you on most of those crits. I've heard the comment about the audio section font from a few, and though I have no trouble reading it at 1600x1200 on my 19", I just checked it on my dad's PowerbookG4 and I can't even tell that they're words. That size will definately be bumped up a couple notches. As far as the Login system is concerned, it looks perfect in IE, but I don't know how to change it so it looks the same in all browsers. Any suggestions would be great.

The header was left kinda blank in case I decided to do something with it later, but I ended up kind of liking the negative space. I'll play with reducing that and see how it looks.

I think a footer might be a good idea, and again, I'll have to mess with things until I get something that looks good.

I do like the current nav font, but I'll change it around and see if I can find something that looks better.

Again, thanks for the great, quick responses!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2004#144709 Report
I think it looks good man. I would however take into consideration some of the great points that rodder made. He pretty much said what I would have said... but overall i think it looks good I really like the background and color scheme of the entire site, the loading time is good, and its easy to navigate from page to page. I think its a good design man
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum