TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Creating A Professional Website...

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 2nd 2004#144043 Report
I want to know what you guys think a professional website is supposed to look like. I been doing graphics for a while and Im trying to get my whole site to look professional..

Tell me how this looks and what things I can do to imrpove upon it. Thanks alot...

http://www.damienbenoit.com/home.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2004#144046 Report
that really depends on what look you're aiming for. right now your site looks more like a forum. it's too spaced out and with too much text. when i come to a graphics site i don't care to read descriptional paragraphs for every single thing on the site. it's more of a blog than a quick and catchy online portfolio. i just want to see the work and make it snappy. another thing that's really irritating is that big C copyright mark on every image. but that's up to you if you want to keep it.
as for the "professional website" look, i usually look for inspiration at www.favouritewebsiteawards.com or www.templatemonster.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2004#144073 Report
consistency is the keyword for professionalism IMO.

www.coolhomepages.com or www.cssvault.com or just look around the web. search for barnes and noble and see if you like their site or not. if you do, find out why its nice. if not, find out why not. Ive always thought that layout and different elements was important. and Ive always tried to keep it minimal.

right now, your text is way too wide to be readable - consider different columns or text blocks or something. the bevel on your logo is tacky - and I dont know whats going on with your title - looks like text or something, except its an image ... right? anti-alias that, please. the names of the posts are hard to read because its black on teal. I also dont like your a:hover {italic} style - looks tacky and changes the layout a little for me. you also need some padding on your divs or table cells or whatever - helps make it consistent. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 3rd 2004#144146 Report
consistency is the keyword for professionalism IMO.

No it's not. If you consistently have a pink background with red font, then it's not professional.

Consistency is one important thing. Simplicity is another. There's no one single foolproof method for being professionalism, but definitely study other professional websites like those of corporations and shiz.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 3rd 2004#144147 Report
[QUOTE=kranekick]when i come to a graphics site i don't care to read descriptional paragraphs for every single thing on the site. it's more of a blog than a quick and catchy online portfolio. i just want to see the work and make it snappy. [/QUOTE]

I agree with that. There aren't really any templates for "professionalism". Just something that is simple, like supahsekzy, yet pleasing to the eye. It seems as though you have a good color scheme on your site. One thing I do recommend is that you anti-alias the "337 Design Studios" text. You have the nice smooth logo and then directly right of it, jagged text.

It's up to you though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum