TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

WIP: somephotos.net

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 29th 2004#143949 Report
somephotos.net

My future photosite [I should finish within a week or two... the design is there]... Check it out, its pretty much 100% CSS... I think I might add a pattern onto the background, and maybe a few simple arrows and stuff here and there... but other than that, give me your comments...

[and be nice, its been a while for me ]
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 29th 2004#143950 Report
Really nice!
I really wish I had the php skills you have!!
Really looks nice and very handy to use.
The only thing is that the black line that you have over and under the "layout" doesn't work with Mozilla or not as it should look...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 29th 2004#143951 Report
very cool, this is a great exmaple of functionality in sites, maybe it could use a little stuff to spice it up

other than that i'm really digging it
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 29th 2004#143952 Report
Ah, ok, thanks for the warning! I'll change it from a HR to a table border
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 29th 2004#143964 Report
I agree, this is great. Good work! I really love how you structured the site.....the news & photos ABOVE the navigation and other information. Thats kinda breaking to rule of navigation first, but really its the content first (in a photo site that is).

crits:
- "Recent Archives" could be pushed over maybe 3 pixels
- and if your only going to have 4 archives at once, then you might want to think about centering them in the box...though im not sure. Its consistent with the rest of the left aligned elements....but that empty space to the right of them is really odd. I dunno :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 1st 2004#143967 Report
Rodder: I will have more and more entries as time goes on, I just ahve a bunch of blank ones so that the spacing everywhere remains equal =]...

I believe eventually anyone who cares to can sign-up for a free account with maybe like 10-20mbs of space? I don't know yet, because I need to work on my site control panel before anyone else can have one =]...
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 1st 2004#143973 Report
I would suggest that you use something like this on your main navigation link rollovers:

www.reh3.com <-- the links on the bottom, with the big underline

It looks cool. Really could use a little color, though. Like a nice green and orange graphic that says "somephotos|dotnet" or something. All lowercase and no spaces. Would look cool. Or perhaps a little splash of orange or green or red on link rollovers. Im not really sure. But thats my suggestion.

Great php-ing though - I am a little confused about how exactly it works, though. Maybe add a two-sentence "getting started guide" when you first come or something. Just a suggestion. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 1st 2004#143974 Report
Thanks! - I will change those rollovers thanks to you ...

I think I'll make the source code public after I get the site finished... [Just incase you want a look]
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 1st 2004#143978 Report
I think it looks pretty good, simple, but good... maybe think about doing some kindof of trendy pattern in the background or something. Something to make the layout pop out more.

Overall I think its pretty good though... for a WIP.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 1st 2004#144017 Report
Hurray! I believe: http://www.somephotos.net/ should now owrk for most of you...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum