TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

StaticDesign*v.4

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143811 Report
StaticDesign version 4 is now up, feel free to look around, and be sure to check out the forums.

http://www.static-design.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143812 Report
First nono.. Don't force a visitor to have a certain plugin to view the site, especially on a splash page. Maybe if you change the RealMedia file to flash, it'll be better. Whatever it was, I didn't get to see it.

I'm liking the symmetric header, but does it need to be flash? The only effect was the glow+sound. After which it does nothing. That goes for the static design maximum area.

You might want to change the font color to the brighter shade of grey you're using for the links. Its a little hard to read the text.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143814 Report
wow.....a few mb RM file before i enter the site. Not exactly the best way to "open" a site. Also half the graphics on your splash page didnt load for me (unless you actually designed it that way.......then you need to rethink the page!!)

As to crits (not sure if you want them or not......but tough luck )

- the main design......too dark. Its very very hard to read (the nav. content etc) unless there is a complete absent of light in the viewers room lol

- I hate myself for saying this........but its somewhat 2A ish. I say this cause of that red.....and that alien logo.

-also the header/footer......just HUGE!! I mean 85% of your content....is below the edge of the screen (on 1024/768)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143815 Report
that is one awesome site.. the only prob i have is that your link text is hard to read... and search and newsletter form boxes are hard to see... and i'm sitting in a dark room right now.. i don't think i would have been able to see them in light... but damn, i wish i had your talents...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143816 Report
the sounds and opening music or whatever are very annoying.

to somewhat reinforce what rodder said, I have no problem wtih the size of your header but your footer is completely unnecessary and should be taken out altogether.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143820 Report
the flash intro on the splash page, is not yet finished, Sean is still making the final touches on it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143821 Report
The RM file didn't open. I like the site a lot, looks very nice. I would just make the splash an image, then give them the option to "View Intro, Enter Site, Enter Forums". That may make it easier on the users part.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2004#144683 Report
On the loading site bar graphic (Where it should say Static Design, it actually says Static Desgin"........CHange that one......
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2004#144730 Report
the splash's brilliantly lit colors are wayyy too bright against the bg o_O
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2004#144772 Report
I'm not really sure what's going on with that header. I don't know specifically how big the file-size is but I do know that it is far too big, especially for the effect it gives. The animation would be a nice thing see as soon as you enter the site but by the time most people have downloaded it, they'll be half way down the page and thinking 'what the **** was that sound?" Also, I was one of the few who would wait to see it, and I ended up thinking 'is that it?' It's an impressive effect, but I can't imagine anyone who would want to wait so long for it, and atfer it has finished you're left with an image again. Why not just have the image?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum