TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

How to make my site sticky

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 27th 2004#143727 Report
:confused: Hello everybody,

I completely redesigned my site and if I get visitors to see more pages it seems that very few come back.
I do not intend to make a fortune from selling art on the internet (May be prints will be the easiest) I would like vistors to spend more time and come back.

Wha can I do or what can i offer. A news letter is impossible my mother tongue is not English.
Please have a look at the site and let me know what you would advise me to do.

Thank you for any hint or correction of course
http://www.chantelleart.com

Reece
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2004#143758 Report
to be quiet honest its tacky. . . get rid of the big red new and add a frame to the site, its all widly spread out. .. the work is good im not doubting that however it dosent look like its orgonized. . . also grey isnt the most inviting color.

also just because people visit your site dosent exacly meen they come bak.. i no some awesome sites and may only look at them when im bored and having nothing else to do. . .
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2004#143785 Report
I feel you may be turning away some visitors because the site has no structure. Its confusing to navigate/find what you want and most visitors have very little patience. You need some way to sort it all out like

Home - index.html . Include Navigation,Recent pictures/Gallery additions only.

Galleries - galleries.html. Include navigation and the large thumbnails/pics for
each gallery

About - about.html. Make this the same page as index.html, just replace the
gallery pics with your information (bio and What is a giclee?)

Prints - prints.html. Again use your index.html as a template......and replace the middle content with information about your prints.

Contact - contact.html. Include contact form/ comments / and guestbook.

In not saying you have to do that......but thats the kinda thing you should be thinking about. Your navigation should really read " Home About Galleries Prints Contact Links" instead.

As for tips to make it less confusing/cluttered:

- Get rid of # of Visitors. No one who visitors your site would be interested in that. Its only information that you need to know....and you have access to through your cpanel or whatever you use.

- take "Up dated 19th February 2004" and move it to the top of the page. Thats very important!!

-"Add this site to my favorites?" Get rid of that. People can bookmark the site on there own if they want to.

- "Images Copyright©Action & Support - All rights reserved" <- Include the year here also

- "No image nor picture from this web site may be used, without the written permission of the propriator" Get rid of this. Its implied by the above copyright statement.

- "For information please contact Chantelle
An other bilingual site from reece4183" include these in a Contact page instead.

- "From the ''Old Europe'' to the Pacific ocean
From Reality to Fantasy
Welcome to Chantelle's world." - Id remove that. I really dont think it will help/add to the site much.

- "Personnal
free photos." - Include that in a navigation. And just name it "Free". PPl love the word free....they'll flock to it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2004#143787 Report
I agree with above two posts. You should aim to make the site more structured and more 'professional'. You may want to add a personal logo instead of putting up your picture, or get it professionally photographed and art directed. Rodder's suggestions are all good.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 1st 2004#143982 Report
I think it looks alright, but for some reason the forum part of the site kindof reminds me of http://light.systemdark.com/ I dont know i think its the colors and the "wing" things... they just look similar.

Other than that though i think after doing some of the other things the the other members suggestion i think you will have a pretty good site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 1st 2004#143995 Report
Hey reece - as you're aware, you can often get tough love here - regardless, welcome to the forum.

someone can have the best website in the world, but if it's for e-commerce, you'd better have a solid business plan or it's gonna fail. guaranteed. Ask hundreds of dot-coms in Silicon Valley around, say 1999. ;)

try e-baying your stuff, or maybe some yahoo groups. find some similar sites and trade links, etc.

good luck.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 4th 2004#144248 Report
Thank you , I agree with you

reece
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 4th 2004#144251 Report
By the way, thank you for each of you for your very interesting comments, I have now a lot of thinks to do but I love challenges

One again Thank you

reece
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum