TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

project sidez

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143492 Report
After a long break, I decided to get back on the design and hosting scene. So here's Project Sidez - http://www.sidez.net/

No real content yet, just fillers. Simple straight forward design,

In case you wanna comment on my personal site too, www.phex.net ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143506 Report
sidez.net - simple. clean. nothing outrageous, but I dig it. i dont understand why you have four big email pictures, if there's a purpose do indulge us if not then take them out.

it's pleasing to the eye, it's nice. good job.

phex.net - is ok. It's weird colors. the bloody stains are very brightly tinted. the knife is cool, might wanna fix the blood on the end of the handle. i'll elaborate later g2g
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143507 Report
The hosting site is nice!
simple is really good imo.
The only thing that bothers me are the black lines...
I think it would look better if they would be gray or something...
Now they stick out a bit too much...

Your own site (haven't even seen it before (sorry) )....
Maybe not really my style but nicely done.
2 questions.
Why is there a line on the top and the upper is lighter than the bottom.
Then I don't really like the scroller when the bar thingy is the same color as the scroller bg...Only way to scroll is with the mouse ball and some don't have that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143510 Report
I like it aswell...God, I have things to learn about this...Have a question for you, tho...
Image preloader, what does that do ? My page is loading a bit slow could that be helped by this feature ? Can I get a script for that for free ? is it javascript or something else ?

Like the site. Clean, fast and simple (in a good way)

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143512 Report
Pman -

script language="JScript">
image0 = new Image()
image0.src="images/image1.gif"

image1 = new Image()
image1.src="images/image2.gif"

image2 = new Image()
image2.src="images/image3.gif"

And the < > before and after...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143513 Report
Eh ? What was that ? Hehe, it couldn't be that you agree, now could it ? Yihaaa in such case...someone agree's with me
*hopes that Bjorn don't answer this negativly, 'coz then I'm a fool once again*
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143522 Report
@ supahsekzy

The email icons are suppose to be featured projects, a sample thumbnail for each.

@ 3jorn

I'll try out other colors. I forgot to copy the PSD back home. They are on my school's PC.

Why is there a line on the top and the upper is lighter than the bottom.
Then I don't really like the scroller when the bar thingy is the same color as the scroller bg...Only way to scroll is with the mouse ball and some don't have that.

Which line? ... I get the same responce from a friend in school. Made it that way to make the design as seemless as possible without any possible straight lines.
Will see if there's any nice color combo I can use for the scroller.

@Patteman

Depends what you'd use the preloader for. I'm using mouseovers for my navigation, so the effect will be instant since its already preloaded. I should actually use a preloader for my phex.net site, cause its a bit graphic intensive. But I don't see a need to since its just a personal site.

-------

Thanks all, I'll try to see what I can do with the suggestions ;) Anyone else?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143524 Report
Sidez... I love both of them, they are competely opposite styles of eachother, but they are both great looking. I love the simplicity and clean look of sidez.net its very professional and eyecatching at hte same time, which is what you want.

Nice work man... :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143534 Report
Thx, Bjorn...I'll try that out.

P
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143539 Report
Yeah I really like sidez, but the link buttons are really small, and the header doesnt stand out the much. Maybe change the position of the brush a bit? Other than that, I really like it. Clean and good placement of things - nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum