TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

great CSS Zen Garden skin

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 23rd 2004#143250 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 24th 2004#143359 Report
Look cool...

But there one thing bugging me...

I use the latest version of IE (in fact MyIE2) wich is used by more then 85% peoples using the internet... And Bang It Tell me than I needa more sofisticated browser...

Don't get me wrong the site does look cool and I do not have an idea of wath I miss...

But I was told than using CSS was the way to go standard... making something wich cannot be see by more than 85% goes a little bit agaist the main objective of standard...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 24th 2004#143364 Report
MyIE2? Is that for mac? I thought the latest was IE 6...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 24th 2004#143387 Report
MyIE2 is a tabbed browser for the PC built of MS' IE.

www.myie2.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 24th 2004#143409 Report
The content is still viewable in IE, which is the benefit of standards. But it has fallen very, very far behind as far as standards support goes, so it is starting to get ugly pages because of its incompatibility with standards. It doesn't support even the most basic things, and it's starting to show. Mozilla/Firefox and Opera and Safari are all way ahead of IE and will continue to be for years to come, because IE won't be updated until 2006 or 07 sometime. If you want to view web pages correctly, you're going to have to switch to a decent browser sooner than later. You'll still get all the content if the site was coded with standards, but it ain't gonna be pretty.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143476 Report
I now its not quite a national statistic :/ but, these are the stats from my site on browser usage out of 2000 sessions.

Internet Explorer -> 23%
Netscape -> 16%
Mozilla -> 3%
Konquerer -> 2.5%

and the rest are just webbots.
but 21.5 is about 48% when compared to internet explorer, which is down from
internet explorer's whooping 86% viewing rate, out of the previous 2000 viewings.
so its gone down 34% or somethng.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143484 Report
i dunno. I havent exactly been keeping up with web standards. what browser do you guys suggest?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143485 Report
Firefox is my favorite for Windows... Safari for OSX.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143540 Report
I think its amazing that the two different versions of the page display so differently in IE and standards-compliant browsers. At first I couldnt figure out how they did it (since the css file is the only file modified) but then I realized ... filters in the css. Even so, its an amazing use of filters - Im going to check out how they did that when I have time.
And its a great design. Two thumbs up. :D

Delisk: This is an exception to the rule, because it uses CSS properties that IE isnt compatible with. Most of the designs at the garden (and all of the official ones - see http://www.mezzoblue.com/zengarden/alldesigns/) are compatible with most browsers. This is merely a showing of the power CSS has. Besides, you still see the design and all the content. And if you want to see what you're missing, follow the instructions and download a browser from mozilla. And I dont know where you're getting that 85% number. Nobody really knows what the browser statistics and percentages are - it obviously varies for each site. You're going to have to learn that the future of webdesign is moving ahead, far past the people who use even the latest version of IE. Good site authors will make their site viewable in IE, but there will come a time when it is no longer neccessary to make sites "the same" across all browsers, and leave IE in the dust. Get on your horse and move ahead with everyone else. Too bad for IE - send a letter to Microsoft if you dont like it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum