TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

my band website

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 22nd 2004#143107 Report
Hi, I know my website doesnt come close to any of yours on here but maybe some criticism will help. I wasnt sure how big to make the main page but i think its too small what do you guys think? Only the main page and news works so far. Also on the news page rollovers dont work right yet, poop. I dont want to get too ahead of myself only to do it all over again. thanks!
American Standerd
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2004#143109 Report
1. not all text needs to be a graphic
2. the site doesn't make the band look cool! that's the job of a band site. this looks like 'Windows Default' or something...

keep working at it and listen to the people on here. they can be very helpful!

EDIT: fixed typo
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 23rd 2004#143241 Report
1. is the name supposed to be spelled like that? Microsoft Word is telling me it's supposed to be "Standard"

2. Charm makes a good point about text. You absolutely can not have all your text as pictures, especially your content. your content is the important thing, the thing that people came to read, and it has to load fast since you're gonna have a lot of it. Don't use images, they are slower to load and it's a pain to update.

3. This won't be a problem when (not if, but when) you make your content as regular text, but the drop shadow on the content font is a no no.

4. It's pretty monotone. one thing is the same as the next. the title of the site doesn't grab your eye before anything else save for the fact that it's up top. however it's just text, maybe it should stand out more.

5. all of the sections of the site should be consistant. design-wise they should all have the same layout.

6. Work on that picture of the band. I see three people and they are all crazy different sizes and everything. plus is that everyone in the band? I see a keyboardist and a bassist and one other person.... that doesnt complete a "typical" band setup. what about the other guys (if there are any) ? Also, work on integrating that picture into the design.

7. There's really nothign to it... as charm said, it's like Windows Default. No pizazz, no eye candy, it's all straightforward lines and blocks, which is boring. And the colors are very skyish baby blue, I don't think that really suits a band site. like charm said, a band site has to make the band look like hardcore musicians, which means not using light blue like that
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 24th 2004#143443 Report
Thanks for the help, ill work on it! We need to take more pictures and I try to come up with more ideas for more funf! I was trying to make it pretty simple and that picture is crazy, we all love crazy pictures dont we! and the name is american standerd, because of the toilet company (not that i care) and because we are crazy or at least i ! Thanks for your comments!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum