TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Band Website

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 7th 2004#141276 Report
Well here's a website. I'd really appreciate any criticism and help you'd be willing to give me. Thanks.
Diaspora
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2004#141278 Report
love the top part, very amuzing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2004#141279 Report
[QUOTE=rawgreenbean]CONCERTS
Feb. 28th
Trinity Lutheran Church, New Holland
w/ 5mph.
Doors open at 7PM, We play at 7:30. [/QUOTE]

New Holland, as in: Eastern Lancaster County PA?

If so...hmm. Ain't that interesting.

If not...well, ummm...hmmm.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2004#141280 Report
the top flash part is a nice touch. i really don't like the way the interface is just floating over the background. i think it would be better if it was tied into the background somehow. also, i understand that it's supposed to be grunge on the outside of the interface but it looks like a really crappy photoshop selection. fix that allong with the background and lose the transparent gif's. content area looks like a box window. any way to tie it in with it surrounding graphics?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2004#141281 Report
Nevermind...read a little more of the news and saw mention of East Petersburg and Turkey Hill, so I know it's Lancaster County.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2004#141289 Report
ahhhhhh attack of the killer Iframe. I'll never understand the appeal of them.

for crits:

- way more contrast is needed
- the floating bg is not needed. Your main layout doesnt even scroll so its even more pointless.
- i dont like the bg. whats with 0's and 1's? They dont look like an electronic band.....so it doesnt mean anything (that i can see)
-the splash page....well to be truthful...is horrible. The colors dont match your layout, its very dark which makes the picture seem darker, the orange Enter button is in a bad place.

tips:

- maybe move the band name (on the splash page) so its centered above the img and do the same thing with the enter button.......center it below the image. Aslo get rid of the squares & dots line.....it doesnt help.
- try using one of the blue colors on the layout as your splash BG.
- try a solid background on the layout. Its a very busy layout....so you want the rest of it as calm as possible.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 8th 2004#141297 Report
Well like the people above mentioned, you should get more contrast between the main site and the background... and talking about background, this one doesn't really fits well with a band's website or I am missing something.

Your header is awesome though, very nice job on that one.

Just a last thing, you might consider adding a 'who we are' or 'what is Diaspora' kind of section to tell more about the band... why that name, how those people met and what is their philosophy. All you have there is a few words on everyone's tastes, but nothing about the group, I think it needs more information on that matter.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 8th 2004#141308 Report
Yep i agree with all said above you could try making the page open in a separate window ? Fixed size. soo you wont worry about our BG and the grunge effect is kinda off theme sorta, try feathering the edges and fade black n white like the header...uuuh i dunno just a thought :> nice header tho i like it
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 8th 2004#141364 Report
What's with the splash? It's ooglah. The blue is not a nice blue bg. You really gotta work on the splash.

As for the page, Its ok. I like the little flash thing iwth the squares. I agree the BG is pointless.

I don't know why, I just don't like the whole overall feeling you get from the blue. It just feels... "periwinkle." It's weird. Not the kind of thing i'd expect from a rock band.

Over all - it's ok.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 8th 2004#141378 Report
yeah it's pennsylvania.
i'm working on the splash... also what color should i change the background to to give it a good contrast? The only colors I've found to work (lime green and brown) are rather ugly. Any suggestions?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum