TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Portfolio website (3d)

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 2nd 2004#140444 Report
This is a little tiny site i made to be put onto CDs so i can get a good job this summer.

http://cyblingdesign.com/portfolio

Yes, i want it that small. Its really there so people can quickly browse and contact if need's be.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 2nd 2004#140446 Report
Thats really nice! Its very effecient and displays everything nice and neatly... good job =]!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 2nd 2004#140447 Report
Love it! Quick and to the point in a stylish way.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 2nd 2004#140450 Report
Thats awesome man.. you have some really amazing work. I always love checking out your newest stuff. The design is small and straight forward and works really well with what you need/want it to do.

Great work man :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 2nd 2004#140454 Report
Very cool. Loads fast, and great portfolio. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 2nd 2004#140461 Report
yes, very nice and clean. i like the way you have your descriptions made for every image. you're going to put this on a cd? have you seen those cdr's that look like a business card? that would be pretty cool if you already have your business card graphics made. will this be in flash on the final version?
i need to do something like this probably this summer.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 2nd 2004#140462 Report
Do you mean printing on the CDs? If so no, it's too expensive. Im 3rd level student living and working for myself Im working on a logo for my stuff at the moment which i might print and put on complimentary slips. I have access to many black and cleek card CD sleeves. I hope this is good enough to get a job :/
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 2nd 2004#140514 Report
I hope this is good enough to get a job :/

Well its damn good enough to impress a lot of ppl (me being one of them). Makes me wanna improve my 3d section. Exactly what kinda job are you looking for?

As to the site...NICE! I have 2 crits though (really 1 1/2).

1)Im not the biggest fan of moving the navigation in the portfolio section. But because of the way you set up the comments, i think its acceptable. (my half a crit :D)

2) (my whole crit lol ) In the about section, get rid of the screened back BG. Make it all black or all white (white because the image below is so dark...and your site is white). Reason being it is very hard to read. Thats a lot of information crammed into a fairly small space....so you want as less distractions as possible. Also because its for job, i think you should not go the lower case route. I understand it's consistent with the rest of the site/stlye....but capitalizing will make it much easier to read....and the about section is the most important info thats going to be read on your site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 2nd 2004#140524 Report
Nice crit, thanks

Unfortunately the font i'm using doesn't have uppercase..but i suppose i coulf use a pencil..

And yup, ill be changing the about image...im half way through it right now actually.

Im going for any sort of job in a digital animation company. Yes, yes, i know i have no aniam tion, but thats the Uni's fault not mine, im too loaded with other work. We start animation in a couple of weeks. But...i could be a lighter, texturer, modeller..
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 3rd 2004#140528 Report
[QUOTE=cybling]Do you mean printing on the CDs? [/QUOTE]
no. i don't shop much but at the end of last year, over at comp usa i saw these recordable disks that were about 70mb or so and they were 3.5"x2" just like a business card except with a hole in the middle to go into a cd rom. i'm pretty sure they came with lables that you can just run through your inkjet printer.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum