TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Allaccessradio !!!!! <----Comments

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 30th 2004#140127 Report
You know the drill ... " lets see what teamphotoshop thinks !!!"

www.allaccessradio.net

peep out my profolio also :
www.cosmoeonelabs.cjb.net

Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 30th 2004#140129 Report
Hi.

Yeah we do see your post without the !!! :P
It's pretty nice.I see that you know what you are doing but there is somethings that I would maybe work on some more.
First I don't like the font you are using in the navigation and the topics.
It looks all blurred and if you click on news the featured text over the photo...what happend to that one?
The white header disturbs me a bit...
I really like simple stuff but when you have a site that is pretty hectic everwhere else then the header looks a bit wierd.
I would take the navigation and put it on the white place in the header and leave the boxes around them.
Last thing is that I would put some more colors in to it.
Like on the first side the listen, club events and hook-ups, those small "headers" could be different nice colors...maybe orange and some other one.
Some how now that everything is red, it's hard to see what is what.
With different colors you could easily see what is what.
Well those are my 1.99 cents right now. :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 30th 2004#140135 Report
- the nav is all alone. It doesnt fit "into" the layout.
- Contrast is needed..the reds are almost the same color and u dont make much use of that gray (hint hint).
- Maybe use the gray to replace the pixel background. I think the background is overkill (you already have "stripes" on the site......you already have red colors......and the site is quite busy without the bg).
-the stripes in the header....why are they pointing one direction when the logo points another?
- Now is that the logo (the box in the upper left??)...or is it the big "A" shape below it.....or is it the letters to the left of that shape? you need to fix that somehow.
- You need more spacing between the elements & borders. Everything is so "tight" right now. Also this would help the contrast issue.

Even with all that said...its not a bad layout. Just needs more tweakn
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 30th 2004#140143 Report
I think it would be fine if you could put some Flash work in there. I'm looking at this site waiting for something to move, and I think if you had a simple colored animation at the top it would bring this more together. But if you don't have access to Flash you're probably gonna need to do some work on it - mostly listening to those comments above.

Maybe you can catch what we're seeing - it's red on white with a lot of potential, but is still missing some life and distinction. It's on the verge of distracting right now cause there's nothing that draws attention in any one direction.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 30th 2004#140147 Report
I think the main thing its missing is flow. The elements all stand by themselves quite well, but in order to have a successful layout and good-looking page, I think everything should be linked together a little more than it is. The title of the site is in a box on its own! Thats definately not neccessary. Take away that box and write the name of the station all on one line above the red bar. That would help a lot. And as previous people mentioned, the navbar is isolated. As are some of the other elements ... it looks good, but it doesnt flow enough.

Also maybe add some red diagonal bars to those story thumbnails to personalize them a little bit more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 31st 2004#140226 Report
I don't know why, but I don't like the color scheme and the stripes. The stripes make me think of the 70's (That Seventies Show transitions from one scene to the next). I also agree about the nav too. It just seems to be "there" and doesn't fit well with the rest of the layout. Speaking of the layout, I think it's good other than the button nav thing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum