TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

PK Redo C&C

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 29th 2004#140058 Report
I really took Telemakhus' comment in my last thread to heart. I agree, my recent work has been boring and bland. So I am trying something new. Tell me what you think!

The main banner box, with the beveled PK logo, that is all trial and error. I don't know whether to put and image in there? Keep the logo? or Keep the logo and put some faint designs to the right or left? Bevel the designs? I have a ton of ideas for this one!

Is it better?
Redo
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 29th 2004#140072 Report
the logo is allright, but you really need to drop the bevel emboss.... try to never use it, lol. Beside that it looks good so far, I would put something else up there too, like you said a picture or some kind of graphics, because right now the header looks empty. Your nav bar seems nice and clean. maybe add some more colours in the banner or something,

good job so far!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 30th 2004#140097 Report
I think it looks alright, but there are a few things that need some work. I would really suggest making it more eye-catching and adding some color or something to it, it just looks kindof bland right now. Add some patterns, or a simple background to set one part from another. I think its a good bare-bone start, it just needs some more "stuff"
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 30th 2004#140124 Report
You could really scale back most those elements (height wise) . The header could be about 3/4 the size it is now, the bar above & below the header could be cut in half, and the nav could be about 3/4 the size it is now. Right now its really wasted space, and i cant see how that will help your layout. If you made those elements shorter, the layout would come together a little bit better and would also allow for more content (nevermind it would make it easier to fill the spaces...say a pic in the header or something and it would cut down on load times [which is still important with highspeed] ). Also make sure the nav buttons are equal width....the last button is long.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 30th 2004#140148 Report
Really black and white. Im not one to talk since I dont use color very well, but it needs some color, and just color thumbnails in the content isnt going to cut it I dont think. Also please get rid of the bevel. Check some other sites and get a good idea about how to fit that (very nice btw) logo into the header.

And I agree with Rodder about scaling down the navbar elements. and they should be all the same size or scaled for their text (its ok to have 'home' shorter than 'portfolio/imagery' if you really wnat to).
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum