TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Image of the Day - Photo Blog Site

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 28th 2004#139949 Report
Hey guys. I've had a similar version of this site C and C before but Im looking for some imput on the final version. This site is my daily photo blog of an "Image of the Day project". I'm about three or so weeks from finishing the first year of the project. To date, 20,000 images and over 15 gigabytes of information have been distilled to create 320 daily (or so) “images".

What Im looking for with the C and C:

Is it easy enough to nav?
Is it simple enough? Does anything really bother you?
Overall comments?

Thanks

Link:
www.mosallonline.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 28th 2004#139957 Report
Don't take this the wrong way...
Just want to help you,
Well what you have there is a bg and then a middle part that is just bg=000000,
And then a border that was used year 1999.
The font is so small the you barely can see it.
The photos are really nice but you need something more than that...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 28th 2004#139959 Report
3jorn- thank you very much for your comments.

I would respond that I under designed the site with the intention of drawing the viewers attention solely to the photos. As I’m sure you know, many photo blog sites use cookie cutter programs to create their web sites. Check out photoblog.org for countless examples. I feel this reliance has created a windfall of cookie cutter blog sites. All the code for my site is my own and, as a result, I feel it is far more navigable. That’s 320 links and counting so far! :p As for the background and 1999 boarders, you must be viewing it in Netscape or Opera (maybe?). The boarders are meant to be transparent (and are in IE) but appear in other browsers. I'm not looking to over design this site. To say it is under designed is a complement to me. Thanks for looking and thanks for the kind words about my photos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 28th 2004#139964 Report
Do something very simple and elegant. Just a few boxs and a nice size text (verdana on 10px or arial on 12px).

Check out www.csszengarden.com for ideas, www.colorwhore.com for colors, and try to make it really simple.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 29th 2004#139966 Report
I like the simplicity of it. It's nothing spectacular mind you, but it's the photography that is supposed to stand out. The one majpor positive is that you didn't make some cheesey or lame PS graphic just for the sake of taking up real estate.

Navigation is easy to use of course. I would create some space along the top left. It's a little tight for my liking. But otherwise, I would say it's a good job. Again, realizing you don't need a bad PS graphic to make a site is a huge plus here.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 29th 2004#140012 Report
I just looked at it with IE (I looked with Mozilla last night).
Okey now it's a BIT different.
The text is readable, eventhough it's not my favorite font.
And the boarders are gone.
I know that now that you have done it ready you won't start changeing the code,
but next time you could ask for some php help to make it much simpler to update.
Instead of making a .html site at a time.
But don't ask me...I don't know much about php :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum