TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Elysian Studios

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138792 Report
I am wanting to get a freelance web design site up and running with my portfolio and such. I'll be purchasing the domain soon, but i wanted to know what you guys thought of this layout? Finally, i won't be using iframes, and i'll have a nice rollover on those links. Of course the content on the right would change with "Services" and "Contact".

C&C is welcome, i'd like to fix this up BEFORE i start slicing. Be aware - it is only an image for now.

http://dreamsforsale.net/images/nostalgia/elysiannew.jpg

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138804 Report
what? no iframes? *faints*

No - I really like it and Im glad youre starting on something like this. I don't really see anything wrong with it, but I wonder how it would look if the navigation background bar was extended to 100% width, and the background was aligned to top right. I'm not sure if that would be possible or if it would look better, but I really love the way it is now!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138811 Report
Oh, thats a sweet idea. I'll definately try it when i have it sliced and start coding. Thanks for the post!

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138833 Report
it's nice and neat but not very eye catching with the light colors, tons of text and thin lines.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138838 Report
Luvin it! The only problem is the too much Contrast on the say 'PORT' 'FOLIO'... Its kinda disharmonous for a peaceful looking website. Myabe just take the contast between the 2 sides of the word down a bit.

Other then that, its AWESOME!! I wish i could think of designs that nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138841 Report
i like it a lot, why dont you try coding it all with css. i think is a good site for that, shouldnt be so difficult. Im really starting to see and like css sites, even bought a book so i can start getting a little dirty myself.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138842 Report
The only thing i know how to do with CSS is change font sizes and make static backgrounds.

Thank you all for the comments - i'll experiment with some other colors and hardness on the font.

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2004#138886 Report
get mirc and go to irc.freenode.com #web and theyll answer all your css/web standards/client-side code issues with you. awesome channel, awesome people; it really helped me out! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum