TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

splash?

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 3rd 2001#908 Report
Pls check out my splash and tell me what you think.
Thanks!!!

www.be1designs.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 3rd 2001#914 Report
Looks REAL good to me
I like the "simple" look you gave it, and the gray and grren look pretty good together...
All in all I'd say you did a jam up job!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 3rd 2001#922 Report
The design was nice, but the fact that when the page loaded, it forced the browser to stay on the site and not making the normal backing in the browser possible.....Shame on you if you used that kind of script....
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 3rd 2001#924 Report
Yeah....
I wasn't gonna mention flooding the "history" using the redirect. But since Nanne did, (hehe)
Thats not nice!
"...forced the browser to stay on the site..."
Thats the only reason I can think of to redirect to the same page.
"Shame on you if you used that kind of script...."
Lol!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 3rd 2001#929 Report
Well I get mad too. I'm not always the Mr.Niceguy I try to be. But I guess I sounded kinda old somewhere there huh? :D

Oh well........the message got through...... :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 3rd 2001#932 Report
sorry about that. Actually if you go through www.be1designs.com way, you will find out that the code was to take away the namezero banner at the bottom.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2001#966 Report
nice use of color (gray/green/white).
a 'splash' page with water splashing!
i get it!

it appears that you have two entrances to two sites optimized for two different resolutions but they both go to the same place. what is the point?

personally, i feel that splash pages are a waste of time and space. the web is about content. when i type in your url give me your content not a splash page.

*CHARM*
"I'm not all bad!"
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2001#973 Report
A splash page is to me a page that will tell you what resolution and browser that is preferred. Many sites just make the splash page and forget about the purpose. So if you intend to have a splashpage, please give the relevant information there. No huge graphics are always preferred since most people use modems....

So consider not using a splash page if you really don't need it.....The content comes in first and if the site is well made, the obvious will reveal itself upon entering.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum