TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new site for client

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 19th 2004#138394 Report
Here's an image of a site I'm working on for a client. Bear in mind that the botton nav will be further down than it is (once the content is added).

http://home.twcny.rr.com/mysticalride/sample.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 19th 2004#138421 Report
Well i really got only one major crit, and thats the header.....its quite big. It's like a 1/3 the entire content area (for right now). If you cut the header (by 1/2..maybe a little less) and the bottom nav will be down farther down the page like you said.....it should work fine.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2004#138619 Report
I see your point. It's for a band though and they're fine with it I guess. Also, depends on the resolution too. 800 X 600...yeah 1024 X 768....not so bad.

Thanks for responding! Haven't heard from anyone else which makes me wonder...lol. :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2004#138676 Report
Hm... I don't like the text, really hard to read and placed poorly. Very nice idea for the layout, but the text really sucks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2004#138680 Report
phennexion,
Which text item are talking about? The logo, the "online madness" part, or the button text? I've never been happy with my choice for the "online madness" text (for the record). The logo is the bands idea, I have no control over that one.

Thanks very much for your opinion!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138776 Report
it looks ilke you took it and made everything scaled down horizontally. Why is everything so squashed? For example all the text is tall and skinny. the logo in the middle isn't a perfect circle. the design in general seems squashed to me. Also the wires arent working that well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138825 Report
The layout was meant to be on a grey background so it stood off from it (for a 3D effect of sorts, hence the drop shadow). This meant that my table had to be slightly smaller than the usual 780 pixel one I use (to fit 800X600 res. reasonably tight). While that contributes to your perception of “squashness”, I’m not sure (I bet it doesn’t help). I guess I was looking for some kind of “distorted lens” look with the elongated text and narrow design. I’m still now happy with my font choices, though.

The circle was never meant to be perfectly round. In the design circle, I could see how that would be a crit area (we're all symmetrical aren't we! lol). I see your point about the wires, my wife hated them too. She said that they looked like worms! lol

Good points, thanks for responding.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138835 Report
And uhm.. is it me or is there 2 linkbars taking up valueable text room?, I'd delete the virtical one and use the horizontal one. Its really nice
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2004#138903 Report
yeah, I would maybe drop the link bar on the left side, or at least review the wires, they don't seem to fit with the whole thing. Beside that I think you should change the font of your banner.

nice work so far ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2004#138916 Report
I didn't want a horizontal nav because that's what I did last time and I thought one on the side would be different. I don't think it intrudes that much considering it's size. I may fix a few things such as my font choice for "online madness". The more I look at it, the more I hate it! lol...

What's funny about the bottom nav is that I did as an afterthought for the site (rather than just placing text links down there) and it's better than the side nav....go figure! heh heh..
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum