TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

portfolio

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136803 Report
--> still lotsa work to do

http://www.vectory.biz/binder-weissi4/

thx
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136813 Report
Pros:
+Likin' the style.
+Color switcher is a good idea.
+Good organization and colors

Cons:
+The dotted borders everywhere distract like no other.
+Try a different shade of blue for the buttons instead of the green.
+Maybe add a bg color instead of white? A blue? And change the color of the text (to another blue and have everything change with the switcher).

www.colorwhore.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136820 Report
Are you gonna code this site all CSS or traditional??
i think it would be a prime candidate for css.
It looks really nice, good work
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136821 Report
I like everything but the header. The gray curves dont fit the style of the site.....and the tool bars, well it's kinda cheesy. Why not make some pixel header instead? Your pixel stuff kicks ass...im sure you could find someting.

Also maybe change the bg color for the center content....or put a border on it. The reason being it blends with the bg and alienates the sides. It kinda breaks up the layout instead of bringing it together.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136872 Report
it's looking nice so far and quite different from your last site. i have to agree about the image above the "welcome". i'm sure that you can whip out a cool pixel header that would fit with the rest of the site. also, about the logo. is it supposed to be VB? because it reads more like WB. can't wait to see more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136877 Report
I think it looks pretty good. I dont really think that the dotted borders make that big of a distraction. They kindof go good with the design of the site, after all most of the stuff on the front page it appears is going to be done in pixel art or something similar. I think it looks pretty good man.. Nice work. Cant wait to see it up and running
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136900 Report
Yes nice work!
Things imo:
Dotted boarders distracts me a bit too.
Colors are really nice, I think you should leave the green because it makes the color more clean and it changes a bit if you for instance would just play around with like 2-3 same colors (different kinds of blue).
The header...well it's pretty nice but I think if you are making a portfolio you should make something more that's your own...now it looks a bit as a photoshop tutorial site.
I like the white background.
I portfolio should be clean and I think a white bg suits nice when it comes to that.
All in all it looks clean and nice
Nice work.
Can't wait to see it up and runnning...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136902 Report
i agree on keeping the green colour as well.. Making everything blue will make the site way to boring.. and yes, whip up some cool pixel header instead..

I dont mind the dotted lines that much either, but i wont miss them if they disappear..

and the colour scheme thingie goes perfect with this type of design, so make it easy on yourself and code all the colours in CSS
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136904 Report
I like it alot... the colors are really fresh and the content is well laid out.

A few things I didn't like:

• the scrollbar in the news frame.
  • the header, do something with pixel art. Like a design factory, like your pixel war.
  • the logo. You need a new url in order to make people understand it is weissi binder and not vectory biz.

Oh... and about the dotted border? I would keep it as a seperator in the middle, just remove it as a side border.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136916 Report
I think youve already got a lot of feedback so far, and I agree with most of it, so... I was just wondering what the '>>>visit project' button was for...?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum