TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Guild Site

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 6th 2004#136380 Report
I made website for a guild that i'm starting up. I havn't messed with photoshop in so long... Took me forever to slice it how g0live likes it, got the hang of it now though. What do you guys think of it? I was trying to stay simple with it.

Click here for the site.

thanks for looking =)

ps. it's up right now but i don't know about later - the hosting seems to be up and down, most likely due to just registering the domain and stuff.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2004#136383 Report
I think it's a palatable layout. A little contrast here and there would be nice, maybe a rollover for the buttons. I don't understand why you have the main events section on a separate column. you could use the empty space under the "members" thing. I thought clan sites are supposed to have a lot of game graphics and stuff...maybe I'm wrong - I only play Pinball

I also think you should leave a little bleed space around the text in the main area - it's kind of unpleasant when the text touches the borders like that.
Also I don't know whether English is your native language but the spelling is horrendous - might wanna fix that - it gives a bad impression.

But nice nevertheless.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2004#136400 Report
"English is your native language but the spelling is horrendous" worse than mine?
as said yeh need some color even if its only the star, also its plain, anychance of a nice bg? maybe a patterN?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 7th 2004#136480 Report
Color would be nice. I like how the page fades in and out of white at the edges; goes with the theme well. Layout seems to be the biggest issue for me - I feel that the Elder Lords logo is too big and takes away from the main thing someone would be visiting your site for - the news updates. The multiple columns gives the page a long, vertical look and I could see it possibly getting crowded and involving a lot of scrolling. Overall, it's clean and looks a lot better than your typical "guild" or "clan" sites. Nice job.

-dave
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 8th 2004#136656 Report
I think it looks alright. I dont really mind the lack of color, but if you have seen my sites lately they kindof have the "no color" theme to them or something I dont really know :p

The only thing that I dont really like is how the entire page is kindof lobsided... mainly because there is more stuff on the left side then on the right side of the content, maybe add something more to the right side or combine the two columbs on the left... to make it more even. Other then that I think it looks great
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 8th 2004#136714 Report
use CSS my friend it will save the day when people have diffent Text size selected in browsers i.e. me. if you use CSS to set text size then it will be teh same that size everytime even if the user changes to bigger size or smaller size on browser.

one reason you should do this is because its shifting your images to the right if the text is too big in members area.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 8th 2004#136730 Report
I like it a lot. But I would say, add some colour to the star, and only the star. I think that would be pretty neat. Or maybe a hint of bright blue in the fade?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136865 Report
other than what was added, i'd say change the title font that says "elder lords" to something bigger and more prominent and maybe a nicer font. Other than that, and what was said, nice work. clean. Could be a bit more interesting, but still clean. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136919 Report
[QUOTE=ZAP]use CSS my friend it will save the day when people have diffent Text size selected in browsers i.e. me. if you use CSS to set text size then it will be teh same that size everytime even if the user changes to bigger size or smaller size on browser. [/QUOTE]

This is not neccessarily true. There are like 8 ways to set font size in browsers. Maybe you should read this: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/sizematters/ (I cant find the real 4-page one I wanted to give you...sorry)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum