TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Image manager

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 3rd 2004#135808 Report
Lately I've been working on an image manager application written in PHP/MySQL.

I would like some comments on design / functionality / bugs etc...

It's a public Image manager, users will be able to create their own account, when the account is created they can add albums, and images to albums ...

You can login with a sample account here:

username : test
password : test

http://kg.sidez.net/admin/

Feel free to play around with it.

The application is not finished yet. I've already managed to complete the administration partially, any ideas for the public site (where visiting users can view the albums)?

thanks for your time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 3rd 2004#135810 Report
I really think it looks great qtone... I really like the simplicity of it, but at the same time its eyecatching. The only thing that I dont like about it "design wise" would have to be the really small buttons for the navigation, at higher resolutions those might be kindof hard to click on. Other then that I think it looks great. I didnt find any bugs, but I probably didnt look through the entire "application."

Looks great man... nice work :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 3rd 2004#135813 Report
It's very attractive and simple... How do you view the images in the albums that you've uploaded? Why can't you click on the thumbnails to see the larger version in the admin panel? Maybe a confirmation before the image is actually deleted would be nice... Pretty easy to click on delete accidentally and delete it
Could also use some confirmation messages like "image successfully uploaded", "image successfully deleted". I imagine if you have 200 pictures in an album it would suck to scroll through them all to make sure a change was made.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 3rd 2004#135820 Report
This is very nice... I'm desiging a control panel, similar in style, but will do loads more [logging, content management, file manager, mysql mng. etc etc] all in one... and this is really clean... thanks for the inspiration I guess =]
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 5th 2004#136180 Report
slick - image preview would be appropriate
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 5th 2004#136197 Report
And a light pink border (that doesn't blend with the bg) would be nice to go around the outside of the white border.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 5th 2004#136222 Report
Nicely styled - works nicely from what Ive seen. There are a couple things I can say regarding functionality and layout of functions because right now its kinda confusing. Why are there two separate links for edit/del album and edit/del images? Cant there just be one page for each album, which has links so that the album can be edited or deleted, as well as links to add and delete images? The link for adding an album could also go on that page or the homepage - I dont really think it needs to go in the main navigation. So for the albums list page, I think that the user could just click the title of the album to get to the main album page. It might be cool, also, if there were quick links to all the other albums from each album page. I really love the design and all the functions, though. Like the logo ... and the information it gives you in the status bar when you mouseover an image thumbnail. Are the images hotlinkable? Like are you going to let people host their sigs and avatars and stuff?

Congratulations - now teach me how to do it! :D jk

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum