TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

First client site - C&C Needed

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jan 2nd 2004#135728 Report
ruh roh, I'd love to help, but the links don't seem to be working? If you really need suggestions it fast, you can email me a picture of the site and I'll reply asap.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 2nd 2004#135730 Report
Am I the only one that can't see it :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 2nd 2004#135745 Report
no you're not :S
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 2nd 2004#135765 Report

1) Lose the free hosting you have for yourself with the spam-o-matic popups--my virus software detected a Trojan virus from one of the popups. If you need to steal some milk money :D to get the $5-10 per month to get your own account, then do it!
http://www.teamphotoshop.com/forum/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8232

2) You should have an agreed upon price already! It's not something you negotiate after the job.

3) You should have a signed contract up front with the expectations, deliverables, and etc. Do a search here in the forums, some people have been kind enough to share their contracts for people to download and modify for their own use.

4) You sound kinda like you don't know what the client is expecting in terms of design. I like to go through a 'discovery' exercise (or phase for you project management geeks), where you find out what the client wants, needs, likes, etc. I then present 3 or more 'mock-ups' for them to look at, knock around, and reject. I then go back with their feedback, and create a final mock-up (hopefully), before coding the site.

5) As long as you're thinking about getting your own domain and site look into a reseller account, where you can host clients yourself. I usually roll the cost of the first year of hosting in with the design cost, tell them it's included, then you get to start billing them for hosting in the second year. Plus as long as you keep them happy--you'll get a chance at the redesign, which should start the day after you 'go live' :D
========================
Design-wise: I like what you've got for a 'toned-down' concept. I'd also do a mock-up of something more in-yo-face, with some kewl stockphoto manipulation or something as a banner across the top--instead of just text. You could also do another version of your current design, maybe with a more intense green color scheme or something.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 2nd 2004#135775 Report
Thank you guys very much, it is awesome to know that if I ever have an questions there are loads of experienced people here. I really appreciate all the suggestions and comments as well as the compliments! I really appreciate all of it guys, I really mean it too!

As for the website, I am considering giving the site to the place for free for a bunch of reasons. I am looking to play semi-pro paintball and I am in need of parts and gear badly, and if they were to recieve the site for free many people who play at Del Hobbies told me I would get hooked up. Another reason is that I have heard that giving free sites looks better on your resume and will help with jobs later in my life.. is that true?

Are templates a good idea when getting into doing websites for clients? I also recieved word back from Del's and they like it very much! I'm really excited thanks guys!
I have a serious question and I promise to god that I am not lying with this. Is there any people here who can hook me up with some good hosting and I can pay them back when I get some cash in my Paypal account? Please PM me if you can do this for me!
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum