TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

webcomic

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jan 1st 2004#135597 Report
hmm, thanks a lot for the responses guys! I'm thinking maybe then changing the logo to just say "Pat" rather than patrick and then i will have more space to space out the words and the gifs for the links. I agree, NL, the background can be lighter to not be so distracting.

I also think i will change the "Back, forward" etc to gifs that are in the same text as the links. That will help it fit in I think.

Thanks a lot for your input! Thanks to trhaynes and qtone the php update system is almost done, so this can so be up by early january! Only thing is that i still have to register a domain. Still, Thanks a lot for everything.

anyone else?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 1st 2004#135602 Report
Awesome. Can't see anything I dislike! Well, except for the fact that none of the links work. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 1st 2004#135603 Report
You evil man... nice layout tho.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 1st 2004#135608 Report
Well I would give you my input, but you will be burning in the depths of Hell by the time you would be able to read it... ;)

Like Minse said, the background is pretty distracting. I didn't notice it at first because my browser window was small enough that I didn't see much of it. But if you enlarge the browser window it is quite distracting.

Is it necessary to have the title of the comic duplicated on top of each other? It says Nailgun by... on the top, then again right above the comic. I guess you are probably doing that to keep people from stealing your comic, but it's kind of distracting to have it right on top of each other. Well not really distracting, just noticeable. I'd also set the Comic Title apart from the strip title more. Like make it bigger or another color. To me that would seem more important than the name of the strip, but maybe not since you're trying to spread the word of your comic name? Just seems like one needs to be more important than the other, whichever one you want to be more visible.

I would also personally put a border around all of the white boxes, meaning the main white content boxes of the site, to set them apart from the background a little more. But that's probably just personal preference.

I would do the comic nav like this:

Previous - Next
First - Last
That way it's easier to tell which links go next and previous. I usually just expect the next link to be on the far right and the previous link to be on the far left. So I would probably click the far left link first without even reading it if I wanted to see the last comic, but instead I would be taken to the first comic. I would actually probably make those graphic buttons with arrows as well, just so you can glance at the arrow and know immediately what it means withough having to read it and double check.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 2nd 2004#135780 Report
I haven't read any of the previous posts because I am self centered and egotistic, so here goes:

- Why put the title in the comic graphic as well as at the top of the site?
- The menu words need to have more definition so you can tell that they are options. Try making the words smaller or give them a bg color similar to the pic's color below it.
- The bg is fugly. Take a hint from http://lounge72.com
- Make the comic area smaller. (i.e. shrink the webcomics a bit so it fits in 800x600.

Other than that, I like the style a lot.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 3rd 2004#135818 Report
Thanks guys. To address some of the issues:

1. The Bg. I think maybe i'll take a leaf out of telemakhos's book and make the bg a light, solid blue. How does that sound?

2. Deker - yeah i noticed the title was there twice and yes i did it to prevent copyright infringement. But i'm thinking now, since the url is in the top right corner of the comic, is the title necessary? Or at the very least is it neccesary to have it that large? I dont think so. Iwill at least downsize the logo inside the comic, maybe even take it out alltogether.

And i might also put the title of each comic in the actual jpg rather than as text. Then again, maybe not.

3. Navigation of the comic. I just did 4 arrows, 2 single arrows pointing left and right and 2 double arrows pointing left and right. single means prev. and next, double means first and last.

<< < > >>

it's like that. I think it's easy enough to figure out.

Thanks a lot guys for C&C - i dont know if anyone else has anything to say lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 4th 2004#135954 Report
Solid blue might look good... but maybe too boring. You could have solid blue with white lines or something. Just don't over-do it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 4th 2004#135993 Report
Keep the pattern but tone it down a bit. If you notice, Lounge72 has a bg pattern with diagnol lines in the content area, but it is toned down so you don't notice it that much. Do something like that for your bg. It's there, but not obtrusive.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum