TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

soul music

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 30th 2003#135414 Report
http://www.vectory.biz/standalone.html

100kb flashsite

whatcha think about ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 30th 2003#135421 Report
it's nice, pretty simple, but the lack of animation makes me think if flash is an unnecessary commodity at this point.

it's interesting, but i think its a little plain and needs some variety to truly make it Funkay.

Need some inspiration?

http://www.wddg.com/badd
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 30th 2003#135462 Report
i have to agree with supa, i like the site but i dont see why they needed to use flash, the fade efect can be done without flash.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 30th 2003#135468 Report
heh ok thx so far ->why did i do it with flash?

1st it was to learn it a lil better
2nd a fadineffect like this with dhtml? post link plz ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2003#135497 Report
The navagation was a bit confusing for me. It took me a few clicks to figure things out. The lay out is pretty neat though. Very retro color scheme.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2003#135507 Report
Someday I will wake up and just know everything about flash too...
*goes to sleep*
I don't understand how everyone are able to learn flash so quickly...
Isn't it that hard to learn or?
The is pretty neat...But I Don't like the 250*250 tiny tiny box it pops up as.
Too small for my taste.
Otherwise the site is pretty clean with some small nice effects.
Not really sure what exactly the site was about though :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2003#135516 Report
I haven’t read the above comments…

First of all – I like the small pixel like splash – very neat and stylish – It is dependant on the viewers taste but overall I think many will like it.

I’ll be honest and admit, I dislike pop up sites.
To me, everything seems so crammed up, making me feel reluctant to navigate much further. I also get enough pop up ads as it is, and I’d prefer to see a site which works in the original window rather than some obsolete minute pop up.

Perhaps consider using the ‘menu – false’ statement in the tags for the swf, so that it prevents users twiddling around with the quality and zoom controls.

I also noticed that the images look somewhat compressed as if they were stretched to size. It’s advisable that you ensure that you resize the images in a Rasta program like Photoshop first, instead of using Flash to shrink the images. I could be wrong, and you may of done this already, but it just looks like the images are compressed to the extent they look deprived in quality.

The site is good, the flash is well suited, and the overall layout is great – just a few things that bug me.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2003#135530 Report
Nice use of colors. You have a good sense of design.

The content box is too small, and it scrolls too slow. Unless you have very little information, not many people will scroll down far. If it is just a little information, I would try to work the layout so you don't need a scroll box at all. If it's a lot, make that part bigger.

I agree about the pop up problems. You could put your flash file inside a cool border on an HTML page and I bet you could make it pretty cool.

-dave
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum