TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My very first full photoshop website.

Page: 1 2 Reply
Dec 24th 2003#134796 Report
This is my first go at using photoshop to entirely design a website.
It's pretty basic, but i'm happy with it.

http://www.tcorp.de/

Feedback is welcome
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2003#134801 Report
thats very nice.... i like the colour burns...... good jkob..

my only jibe is that you cant see the links so well i think that they shoulr be solid colour
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2003#134802 Report
looks nice. i would suggest toning down some of that stroke on the link lettering. now i see how those frames on the photos go with your site, works much better. the only other issue that i can catch is the images in the portfolio loading up like that with a horizontal scroll. how will that affects users on dialup?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2003#134834 Report
i like it too, and i did notice that horizontalk scroll in the portafolio i would suggest you get rid of that.

one other question how did you do that "music on off" link???
i been looking to do something like that can you please help me out? thanxs.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2003#134847 Report
Taking a look at the source it looks as if he has two pages. One that loads music and one that doesn't. He then loaded it into an iframe on the main page. Very very clever idea ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2003#134848 Report
Oh ... as for the critique of the website. I like it. Add some good content and you've got yourself a good page. However I'd put up a photo gallery ... load thumbnails and have the user click for the full size image. But other than that nice job
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2003#134849 Report
I agree with what's been said previously - cut down the stroke around the navigation words and rock the thumbnails for the photo pages. I'm interested to see what content will go on the main page.

Overall, it looks great. Nice work.

-dave
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 25th 2003#134853 Report
this is really impressive for a first ever website.

one thing i dont like is how the content, which is in it's gray box area, is even further boxed in with a 2nd window, which is inside the text area. It's redundant and unnecessary.

your link bg kicks ass yeah, i agree, tone down the stroke.

one impression that i get from the site is that everything is spaced out, and thus it feels empty in some places. for example, the space below the links that still have that cracked paintjob background. Also, the bg areas behind and to the right of the logo, as well as mayne 50% of the content area - it looks spacey and a bit empty. i am not saying to complicate your design, but maybe something there might help? A REALLY faded bg for the content area, just to break up the monotony?

otherwise i'm lovin it man :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 26th 2003#134943 Report
you have copyright to that music too? heh
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 26th 2003#134978 Report
Thanks for all your feedback people.

Originally posted by kranekick
looks nice. i would suggest toning down some of that stroke on the link lettering. now i see how those frames on the photos go with your site, works much better. the only other issue that i can catch is the images in the portfolio loading up like that with a horizontal scroll. how will that affects users on dialup?

how will that affects users on dialup? no idea..I added a gallery now, so before the pic is loaded you have an idea of its dimensions. (and the link text has been changed)

Originally posted by dreamdesign
i like it too, and i did notice that horizontalk scroll in the portafolio i would suggest you get rid of that.

one other question how did you do that "music on off" link???
i been looking to do something like that can you please help me out? thanxs.

as theMayor answered, i use iFrames. (it's a workaround since i don't want the actualy SWF file to be shown)

Originally posted by theMayor
Taking a look at the source it looks as if he has two pages. One that loads music and one that doesn't. He then loaded it into an iframe on the main page. Very very clever idea ;)

Oh ... as for the critique of the website. I like it. Add some good content and you've got yourself a good page. However I'd put up a photo gallery ... load thumbnails and have the user click for the full size image. But other than that nice job

Thanks :D....and I added thumbnailed preview galleries. (I even managed to write a dynamic pic view page even though my webspace doesn't support dynamic content languages)

Originally posted by supahsekzy
this is really impressive for a first ever website.

one thing i dont like is how the content, which is in it's gray box area, is even further boxed in with a 2nd window, which is inside the text area. It's redundant and unnecessary.

your link bg kicks ass yeah, i agree, tone down the stroke.

one impression that i get from the site is that everything is spaced out, and thus it feels empty in some places. for example, the space below the links that still have that cracked paintjob background. Also, the bg areas behind and to the right of the logo, as well as mayne 50% of the content area - it looks spacey and a bit empty. i am not saying to complicate your design, but maybe something there might help? A REALLY faded bg for the content area, just to break up the monotony?

otherwise i'm lovin it man :D

I expanded the content cell space and removed the gray boxes all together and replaced them with dotted edges that "snake" around the page..looks better i think.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum