TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

sound the trumpets.

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134620 Report
I finally got around to making a layout that I like. Not done yet, but see what you think.

http://supahsekzy.elivy.com/mockups/layout01.html

only thing i might wanna mention is for those who have 1600x1200 resolution. The site doesn't reach all the way down... just pretend it did

and i think i'm gonna have the images in the 3 squares randomly chosen from an array of pics.

that's it.

Trash it, guys. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134625 Report
Overall I REALLY like it.

The barrel of the gun is wicked. Very interesting. MAYBE those three main images look a little to much like a filtered effect if that makes sense. They kinda look like they brought into photoshop and one of the generic filters were applied. I could be totally wrong about that, but its how I see them. Thats really nitpicking... I know. Maybe where the random thing works, I will think different.

Im excited to see where you go with it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134634 Report
I like the style a lot, the colors also are very abstract but go together. Good work sex-i.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134640 Report
Very cool.
I see what MMM is saying about the cutout effect from photoshop. I personally overuse that effect since I love it so much, your call. The thin line slants are cool and give it a cool texture. What does your logo and typeface remind me of?...I can't put my finger on it right now. I'm interested to see what you do with the area under the pictures with real, regularly updated content (but hey, Lorem Ipsum rocks).
I really like it. It has its own sense of style. Definitely do the random image thing since those will be the first thing people see when they visit...and then update them with new pix every so often to keep people on their toes! Lot of update potential there!

-dave
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134649 Report
Lot of update potential there!

There's the first thing I noticed. Awesome layout. Here's something that popped in my mind... If you're going to have random images, it might be a cool idea to also have random color bars (as in--> where you have the blue/red/green bars).

I think there's a small lack of color, or something near the bottom. Maybe it's just the lines are too think. It just doesn't feel right.

As far as the three images go, I don't think it should matter what effects you used if you can keep them sexy enough for people's eyes.

One thing I'm wondering about, is where is the navigation? Is this just a one-page site?

I think this is a pretty awesome layout, and I really like the images (although, not sure how confident I'd feel if I had to take a picture of a gun pointing straight at me).

ps
Already got a few rants planned out? "1/1/2004"
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134651 Report
hmm. I like the layout. But i dont like patterns. Personally....i think you would be better off with solid blocks of color (good ole traditional "print style" ). But i like the text/images/shape etc. It'd be interesting to see where it goes (content..scripted...working :D )
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134658 Report
Overall a pretty sexy layout.

The font up top "wanging it..." doesn't work. It looks out of place, especially with the drop shadow. The shadow/bevel on the right side looks odd as well.

I enjoy the colors. That green and dark red go especially well with each other.

Another thing that bugs me is the same grunge brush on all three pictures. It reminds me of when you have a small picture as your desktop wallpaper and set it to "tile". It just doesn't flow right - try maybe only putting the brush down the right side? That would take care of that shadow off to the right as well.

Good work.

EDIT: BTW, what font are you using for those headers/title?

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2003#134764 Report
Thanks a lot guys :D

To address a few of your issues:

MMM/okaysamurai: YEp. That's cutout. And yes, samurai, I use it a lot too, because i think it just gives such a raw edge to a photograph.

yacovitch: Hmm.. About the random colors, I dunno. Simply because having a random color scheme doesn't seem like your webdesign has a true definiteness that's always there. It's constantly changing, and that's something i'd rather not have.. i'd rather have a site that's got an impression that sticks.

Also, I completely agree, i think the bottom has a lack of color, possibly a really faded bg pic in the content area would do wonders. just to break up the monotony.

by the way, the navigation is in that white space that says "What? Work. Play." etc. Each of those is a different page.
and about the date... i just needed a placeholder for a date :D Althouhg you bet your ass i've got rants up my sleeve >XD

Rodder: I'll give solid colors a shot... just a matter of taking out visibility of one layer... i'll show you and see what you think!

Nos: You no like teh wanging it? ;( I think wang is a very important part of a balanced breakfast.

And about the grunge, yes, it is intentionally all the same. I thought the idea was cool, gave it a sort of "film roll" kind of look ,where all the images are like one next to the other next to the other.. it's a repetitive thing. I tried making it different grungy, but i dunno if i dug it or not.

and btw, the font i used for the "wanging it" is PT Banana Split. For everything else, I used Arial :D (I made it bold and spaced them close together... see, simple is good :D )

thanks again everybody. Anyone else?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum