TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

First php site, paintball team

Page: 1 2 Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134609 Report
This is my first adventure into php and I think I caught on pretty quick. I made this site for a local paintball team that I sponsor (I do thier logos and site).

C&C

The colors are what they asked for so dont complain about that.

Also the site will be much cooler when I do the roster page ::hint:: ::hint:: that will be a surprise and have been working really hard on that.

The Site

Please give positive comments and suggestions, no flaming. This is my first ever php site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134612 Report
Originally posted by Jm12Mc2

The colors are what they asked for so dont complain about that.

Damn, I just felt like complaining about the dark green in the content area. :D Other than that, I like it. You might wanna check out the bottom though... looks like the graphics got cut off.

BTW, that's 'cutenews' right? How do you like it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134613 Report
yeah, the graphics did get a bit messed cause i miscalculated by 1 px hehe w/e its fine (i hoped nobody would notice) cutenews has an awesome interface and is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. I LOVE PHP! ITS SO MUCH EASIER!!! lol

What would you suggest for the dark green in context area?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134615 Report
Originally posted by Jm12Mc2

What would you suggest for the dark green in context area?

Well, if you're gonna be using black for the font, I would obviously go for a lighter color. As it is right now, it's hard to read.

Off course you could keep the green, and use a light color for the font...
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134616 Report
Good adventure into the world of php...looks good.

Readability is difficult in the main content area. Try lightening the background or use white text. Change the link color from blue, too. No complaints about the colors; gives it a camo look that is associated with paintball. Not sure about the squares at the bottom. Actually, if the bottom was rounded up like your content boxes, that could work. Put some copyright info down there too, which usually serves as good closure to a page.
The cliche design of a paintball site is to show splatters of paint everywhere. Thanks for staying away from that.

-dave
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134619 Report
Thanks for the comments guys, I am starting to feel like I am understanding web design and the concepts that come along with it. I am proud of myself and I am proud of my work on this site.

The squares are just taking up space, thought it gave a cool effect, what are your feelings on the paintball guns silohettes? Cool?

Also, I am going to change the text color to a white based color so it is more legible.

Also does the white background on the green sides look ok?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134627 Report
great first attempt. The colors are not my favorite as everyone has pointed out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2003#135499 Report
Guys, the site has been really bugging me lately! How can I make it look better? It looks to plain to me, do you agree?

And what is an easy way of making the subpages?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2003#135526 Report
There's a bit of inconsistencey with your header font and the rest of the site. The font is that distressed grunge look and the rest is more futuristic. One thing I suggest is to make the font of your soon-to-be-white text Verdana instead of Times.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2003#135532 Report
Looking "plain" isn't all that bad. If you wanted to spice things up, then take pictures at the next paintball tournament. You'll undoubtedly get some good shots and find visual content to use, whether it's a landscape shot of the field, a guy hiding around one of your content boxes, or a team shot.

-dave
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum