TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Doing some client-work

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Dec 22nd 2003#134493 Report
Hey dudes and dudettes.

It's been a while, cuz of I've been busy with some clients. Got even "worse" this friday when the local Peugeot/BMW dealership hired me to do their Peugeot-site. I've been doing working on some ideas this weekend and would like to hear your opinion on it before I show them anything.

Very demanding client, but it pays well and I love doing it... anyways...

LINK

NOTE: This will not look any good in Mozilla or any other browser like that. It's only a preview, so there's some stuff that wont look right unless you use IE!

EDIT:
I made a new design. Almost the same colors, but different layout. I like this one better...

LINK

EDIT. 30 january
All done and online at http://www.fog.dk
Click on the Peugeot logo (the one with the lion ;) ) I didn't do the BMW site, but they're talking about letting me do that one as well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 22nd 2003#134518 Report
Wow Kaliman I didn't really know you had this kind of skills!
Everything is really nice but things that might need some work...
Well not sure but it caught my eye at least.
First I think it need somekind of bottom.
I looks like half of the site and I tried scrolling down but it wasn't possible.
Second thing is the header with the car.
Imo the streched pixels was like 1999-2000s thing.
But it's really hard finding an image that would be that width and hight.
So maybe a few different photos after eachother?

But as I said very nice looking site...Really does look like a pros work.
Hope the client will like it and you will get rich now when it's christmas and all! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 22nd 2003#134527 Report
i like this..well done
as 3jorn mentioned, it needs a bootom header of sorts, and as a rule of thumb, if your menu items to the left are gonna be image rollovers, add the same menu items to the bottom(horizontally) so search engines can pick them up easier...and copyright information.....

also toss in a slogan in your header image section, just to give it a puch line...

otherwise good stuff
cheers
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 22nd 2003#134583 Report
Thanks for the comments guys... much appreciated!

...and you are absolutely right. Both of you.
I gave it a bottom, and added links and copyright info.

I also changed a couple of things in the layout.

3jorn, that header is just temporary. They're supposed to send me some gnarly pics of the new 407 I can use, but until they do I'm just gonna stick with this.

Anyways, how you like it now? Same url, just use the one posted at the top.

EDIT: oh and the slogan part. Yes there will be a slogan, but since they only just opened the Peugeot department, they haven't figured it out yet.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134596 Report
thats better...
good stuff

heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134665 Report
Yeah much better!
Nice work...
Okey imo the bottom header could be a bit smaller in hight.
But I'm being picky...
*Sneaks away before Kaliman runs after me with his club and hits me in the head and drags me by the hair back to his little cave with a little fire in the corner and a little christmas tree shining so lovely in the middle.*

And good that you are getting new photos to use :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134686 Report
Holy friggin crap. That is AWESOME. Looks just fine in Mozilla Firebird, very nice work. Those people better be paying well, because that is some very very very nice work. That is probably one of my favorite layouts I have seen for a while, just because of how clean it is and how nicely you brought it all together.

ps: BMW's r0x0rz j00r s0x0rz.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134691 Report
I think it's a very good layout.
Personally I'm not a big fan of those blue shades...too windowsy - but that was creative use of it and I can't see any fault in color.

One thing that I found a bit strange - your resolution was 900 pixels and some..in width. I find that a bit peculiar - neither fiting a standard 800 screen and too small for the (apparently) newer standard of 1024... I have a large monitor/resolution combination and it ends a bit abruptly. If you were to make it to fit a 800 screen I think it would all go lower and fill more screen for bigger resolutions.

I don't understand the language so I have no way of knowing if BYGGEPLANER | BRUGTE BILER will need a lot of empty space around - but I tentatively agree with bjorn - you have two headers now - an empty one - except for the byggeplaner thing and one that will include the new cool pics.... - There is no linking element - like a trendy box or some other stuff that will somehow connect them.

Otherwise I like it a lot - I like the gradients on the bg and the texture...and the setup - classic but for this kind of company - a winner

One thing I would like to see (I dunno if you're required to leave it like this) - the peugeot lion- the big one in the page - I would see it more metallic - like the ones on cars...chromed. It's just a suggestion - maybe this is the logo the client wants - in which case...

Yeah - nice stuff there - I hope you're getting a lot of money

*edit= ChriszOrz - BMW?? WTF?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2003#134717 Report
Originally posted by kaliman
Got even "worse" this friday when the local Peugeot/BMW dealership hired me to do their Peugeot-site.

BMW... it is a car d00d, never heard of it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2003#134754 Report
Originally posted by 3jorn

But I'm being picky...

oh no, not at all... *groan* ;)

Originally posted by Chrisz0rz
Holy friggin crap. That is AWESOME. Looks just fine in Mozilla Firebird, very nice work. Those people better be paying well, because that is some very very very nice work. That is probably one of my favorite layouts I have seen for a while, just because of how clean it is and how nicely you brought it all together.

WOAH! I never ever never ever ever never expected a reaction like that. Thanks man

Originally posted by mihai

One thing that I found a bit strange - your resolution was 900 pixels and some..in width. I find that a bit peculiar - neither fiting a standard 800 screen and too small for the (apparently) newer standard of 1024... I have a large monitor/resolution combination and it ends a bit abruptly. If you were to make it to fit a 800 screen I think it would all go lower and fill more screen for bigger resolutions.

I see... or no I don't, cuz it actually looks good on my screen. But I think I know what you mean, there's only one problem. That's how they want it. It might not be the smartest move, but then again, how big a problem is it really?

I don't understand the language so I have no way of knowing if BYGGEPLANER | BRUGTE BILER will need a lot of empty space around - but I tentatively agree with bjorn - you have two headers now - an empty one - except for the byggeplaner thing and one that will include the new cool pics.... - There is no linking element - like a trendy box or some other stuff that will somehow connect them.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've been given instructions on almost everything, the two header thing is one of them. I will try to connect them somehow, but haven't quite figured out how yet. It's kinda hard to do right now, cuz I don't know how it will look with the new pics they're sending me.

It might be weird with two headers, but when I'm finished, they will both have a function. It wont just be some graphics sittin' there. The first is clear - showing the logo, and highlighting the byggeplaner | brugte biler thing - which are two important links. The second will show some nice cars... catching the eye, and will have a slogan going BANG! BUY OUR GOD DAMN CARS!... or something like that ^_^

One thing I would like to see (I dunno if you're required to leave it like this) - the peugeot lion- the big one in the page - I would see it more metallic - like the ones on cars...chromed. It's just a suggestion - maybe this is the logo the client wants - in which case...

Yeah,... I wanted to do that as well. But as I read along, I find out that the original Peugeot logo must not be modified. For reasons like it's their identity, people recognize that exact logo. Secondly, cuz this is only a dealer and they have no right to fool around Peugeot's logo. Those french dudes are very strict about stuff like this. They even have to approve my site, before the dealership can use it. I hope I don't catch 'em on a bad day...

Anyways, thanks for the comments
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum