TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

First Big Client Webpage

Page: 1 2 Reply
Dec 19th 2003#134151 Report
(I havent posted here in a loooong time) http://www.onweller.com/
This is a local artist thats got a style like no other! I completed his site not too long ago and thought I would get some comments on it and what not. Thanks!
Shane
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2003#134185 Report
I clicked on the link and it timed out, must be me. I'll try back later.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2003#134187 Report
yeah, I got a 404 too. :confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2003#134211 Report
Ill check it out, the server must be quacking out...:rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2003#134233 Report
m ine didnt time out,

it looks good but i dont know :
1) The opening logo isnt nessecary and it looks alot like the one for the TV channel Trouble : trouble.co.uk

2) That brown table needs to be aligned witht eh bottom of the left column otherwise it will be silly looking, and just out of place..... Will there be more content in here???

3) Other than that, maybe, take out the dark blue it looks nasty, replace it with the brown maybe? but decresase the transparency of the curve thing

Nice job,

Welcome Back,

Marc
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2003#134240 Report
Needs lots of work.

The splash page looks really unprofessional.

The flash on the content area of the main page is unnecessary.

The colors don't go together, check out www.colorwhore.com for different colors.

Your links extend all the way to the edge of the site so when you mouse over the line goes off the text. Unattractive.

Generally, the layout doesn't really match his work. It's more suited for a graffiti artist or something like that. I would expect a layout with wavy lines, nice, light pastel colors and liberal use of outer glow.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2003#134279 Report
I know the spinng T splash is not so good......The spinng T - Logo was his Idea, clients get what they like. As far as the flash, he wanted the text quote to fade in, and thats the best way I know how to do it. As the color goes, that too was his liking, as was the brown table not lining up to the left. -Geez, now that I look at it, the client designed the site.....If they dont like something, you change it right? I dunno, the clients' satisfied, so I guess thats all that really counts.

Thanks all,
Shane
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2003#134280 Report
yeah, I guess that is all that counts. I Actually like the interface for the gallery area. Its a TOUCH on the slow loading, but what you gonna do? Its a "fine art" site. I agree that the site has several personalities but the client gets what the client wants.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2003#134305 Report
If the client tells you a whole bunch of stuff he wants that you know is terrible, you make something completely different. If it's good, he'll like it. Number one rule, IMO, is never to show a client something that you don't want him to pick. I guess if he's really stubborn then you'll have to design exactly what he wants, but start off with something that you think is nice.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2003#134307 Report
That's pretty good! I like it, its a really effective site...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum