TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Made a new design AGAIN!!!

Page: 1 2 Reply
Dec 18th 2003#134065 Report
This time you will definetly complain. You will say that the content area is to small thats a fact but anyway here it is.

www.therup.net
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2003#134069 Report
O_o
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2003#134074 Report
Well, there's a good rule of thumb when it comes to webdesign;
if it doesn't serve a purpose, get rid of it. :p
And yes, the content area is ridiculously small compared to the überstuff floating around.

The design in itself is obsolete, oldschool, and not very pleasant to be quite honest. And also very graphically heavy, I guess...as in loading time.
(look who's talking) Yea, I know. :D
And one thing that gives it that 98 - look is the full #000000 background...just makes it look boring IMO, especially when the gadget thingies are so spaced out there all random like, you might aswell put something interesting in the background if you're going for that superdupereyecandy style.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2003#134077 Report
Originally posted by Entercode
O_o

I hate nagging, but this is the exact type of thing that we've been discussing in the misc. forum lately. Meaningless posts. He posted his site here looking for feedback and all he gets is "O_o"? Man I would hate that. Please read the misc. thread and maybe you'll rethink your comment.

Paavo has a couple good points - things are really spaced out, which makes it look pretty plain. And the black background is actually pretty distracting - it takes you eyes away from the time you've spent on the navigation elements. And yes, the content area is really small. Needlessly small. Please change it - nobody is going to view anything at a size that is that small.

I think you need to work a little bit more on content organization, too, and overall aesthetics. It does look noobish, which I'm sure is not what you're going for. Before you save for web, post here and you can see what we like about it (or dont like about it). Then you can go ahead and code or change as you please.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2003#134081 Report
Paavo have some GREAT points. The first thing I thought when I saw all the floating pipes/whatever they are was... "useless and heavy on the bandwidth". I am not a huge fan on clicking on the content only to have a parent browser window pop up. It was in these very forums months ago that I was told (when I asked for feedback on my own site) that the average view isnt gonna hang around if they have a million windows appearing. Whomever told me that was completely right. The site shows that you have design skills, but its not very friendly on the browser.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2003#134082 Report
just watch http://www.eyeball-design.com/fxzone/index01.htm again and find out more ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2003#134085 Report
Man you need to switch to something original. Those are very nice effects - the problem is that everyone knows where they come from. It's good exercise though

Even so - the layout reminds me of a sheet of pieces you get when you buy a model kit. You know - when you build a plane or a boat from a kit.... and in Opera it's really really bad. The middle frame gets cut in half.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2003#134100 Report
I felt the exact same way as dr. feng. It's totally Eyeball Design.

And yeah put a bigger content space. You even have more room for content, but only using like 1/3 of it.

I mean, the whole thing is, (as someone quoted a while back) a living breathing tutorial monster. It's not original, we've all seen and done this during our first week of owning photoshop.

I'm actually surprised to see this after your last website.

This is really messy. It's sloppy, it's jampacked with crap you don't need, and it doesn't look good either. It's overworked, it's not simple design which is good design.

I think this is a really big step down from your last work which was a lot better and a lot cleaner and neater and simpler than this.

overall it would make a better plumber schematic than a website. (I think plumbers use schematics, right?)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2003#134125 Report
I actually like the design a lot, except for that content space. Good work tho, not much you should change imo.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2003#134168 Report
I think its a step down from my last also but i need to experiment with layouts atm i can only make those clean layouts, But i made a new now, i made it as a picture and posted it in the picture forum.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum