TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Awesome New Layout!

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11219 Report
check out my new site layout! If anyone know how to make the frames show up correctly on a mac browser let me know!

http://www.fidosrevenge.com/

other than the layout you can check out my recordings/music and all sorts of cool stuff...good links...videos...you name it.

Peace!

Chris Brown
fidosrevenge.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11221 Report
wow man, now thats some good work. really impressed. i like the church type background. or maybe you could call it a cathedral of somesort. all i know is that its really cool. i like those waves or clouds in the background. i wasn't sure which of the two they were but they look pretty sweet.

nice job chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11227 Report
Although the text is nearly impossible to read over that BG, I do like the site.

Another gripe: What's with the auto-pop-up leaving a plain black window behind?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11231 Report
thanks! the hard to read text was on purpose...i think it gives the site a good feel....and the popup...well...uh...does anyone know a way to make the back window close after it pops up the main window? I wont sacrifice the no status bar/toolbar/menu bar to not have a popup but i will get rid of that back window as soon as i figure a way to do it without it prompting the user to close the window.

See ya!
Chris Brown
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2001#11242 Report
...they are waves....or at least they started as waves...hehe. There is also some topographic map in there somewhere. Thanks a Ton for you compliments...it's really inspiring to know what people think...i get tons of hits but no one signs or emails me so i never know.

Thanks again!
Chris Brown
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2001#11244 Report
I'm not impressed, to buck the trend and be honest. Number one, your site is only a montage of pictures which I'm pretty sure you did not take. All you did is blur them together. Not that impressive. In fact, almost all of your 'art' is just pictures that were taken and edited a little. Also, like Mattboy said, the text is very hard to read over that background. Also pop-ups are extremely annoying, as are frames. Especially when frames are in pop-ups. And PLEASE don't mess with the mouse cursor. Flipping it upside down, and turning it sideways and all of that is just completely disorienting. Turning it sideways isn't as bad, but flipping it upside down just completely disorients even me, who is pretty experienced with a mouse cursor. Your site is extremely hard to navigate, and there is never any indication of where you are, how you got there, or how you can get back to where you started. And that's enough I think.

As for closing the black window behind it, I don't think there is a way to do it without asking the user's permission, as that would be one big ass security risk.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2001#11246 Report
yeah deker is right and he has a point that I should have stated. those images are most likely not yours unless you live in the anicient part of rome or greece or some other place with large churches or cathedrals.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2001#11247 Report
I don't really care whether they are his images or not. My point is that his entire site is a bunch of image collages. Which doesn't show that much talent to me. I'm not saying he isn't talented, just that I don't see that from his web site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2001#11252 Report
For someone who claims to be a 4 year professional and a 6 year user of Photoshop your images are less then inspiring. I've seen work from some of the newer users that topped yours. If you find that harsh or even insulting so be it.

I also have to agree with everyone else on the navigation, mouse cursor, and the black window.

As a newbie myself I can say that I would never inspire to be where you are, in this medium, six years from now. I would however inspire to be like Craig Mullins who is simply amazing at what he does.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2001#11317 Report
is not bad but I hate pop-up sites. this is just anyoing me but the design is not bad. just the photomanipulated bg could be made a bit better. try to add some textures.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum