TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My first venture into a PHP site:

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Dec 15th 2003#133548 Report
I dont know wether or not this is very nice, I guess i haev mixed feelings about it but what do you all think of :

Lazyrollers

Its not finished by a long shot, im setting the deadline as Spring 2004

I am going to write all the code for the site as i learn because i only started learning PHP recently.

Basically though, I would just like some Critique, Sorry but none of the links work..... my fault..

Marc

Edit : OK, So i had another look at that layout and thought, WHAT was i thinking....... so i have had another go at a layout, Its more like the one which i have at the moment but will leave me lots more space to put all the features in

The New New Site

C&C
Marc
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 15th 2003#133550 Report
Still needs some work. There is a variable that you have in html -> $USER that should be parsed by some php tags....
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 15th 2003#133560 Report
so far it looks worse than the last one. i think you should do more before asking for some real comments.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 15th 2003#133564 Report
How is that php?

I think you should work on web design a little more before you start on sites with a lot of code. Having a log-in users system is a little more complicated than you might think - and nobody will sign up if the site looks like that. Right?

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 15th 2003#133582 Report
well i guess..... do you think the colours are ok... i was thinking that i might change them to colours which are ALOT lighter, e.g

Light grey and white.... (i know its a bit boring but... i think it would suit )

With that $user tag, that was just so that i remember to put it in when i start on the user syystem.....

Tom, i know it will be complicated to do that user thing that why i am giving myself such a long time to complete it....

is the general layout ok do you think?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 16th 2003#133661 Report
Not really.

Go back into PS and design a new layout.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 16th 2003#133721 Report
It didnt really look like you used PS at all for this. Which is fine if you're looking for a very simple, very elegant site, but you still need more than one image. And work on flow - its definately not working.

There is one blog-style site that is really simple and uses very few graphics that I really like. It's not black and white with a blue header and little dots around oddly placed boxes, though.

*goes to find it*

tom

*edit - I dont really know if anyone cares of if it has anything to do with anything, but here's the site - http://www.kottke.org/
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 16th 2003#133745 Report
On the layout on a scale from 1 - 10 i give it about a '6' and all i see in php is the date and maybe you tried to make the $user... but you can do it just needs some work hope to see the site when its done.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 16th 2003#133804 Report
Do you think i should base the news site around the site that i have now :

www.lazyrollers.com ??
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 16th 2003#133830 Report
personally I like the new color scheme better. I dont know much about php so I cant really comment on that. As you said, you have a lot of work to do (spring 2004 deadline). Its not as bad as some of the people here have remarked on. I think the colors are better then current lazyroll. Stick with the colors. My 2 cents.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum