TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Great Designer

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11139 Report
This guy is one of the best graphics designers on the net. I would even rate him with pank. Take a second and browse his personal site, at the moment, his port is down, so you cant see alot of his projects. But just looking at some of his designs can give you great ideas on your own work. nuff talk, heres the link. http://insanity.twistedspoon.net
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11161 Report
well i like his site, and his intro page aswell, though i never actually got to see any of his artwork or a portfolio. does he have one? because it wans't in the navigation menu. and 3 of the selections were unavailable.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11167 Report
He had one up a while back with tons of layouts, and 3d renders. Then he redid his site, then lost it. He is doing a new graphics site that will have tons of his work : www.twistedspoon.net Although off the top of my head here are a few layouts hes done:
http://insanity.twistedspoon.net/images/stuff/nojoy.jpg
http://www.x-ph.f2s.com
He had done a ton of gaming sites, along with one of mine a while back. But most of those have closed, or i forgot the links.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2001#11209 Report
he is really good. but i've seen a lot of other webdesigners that are at his level of skill or higher. though his site is nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2001#11308 Report
he must be important if his site has its own fancy little popup window. why do people see the need to take away the browser navigation and design their own ultra-cool title bar?

to me this just looks like yet another 'cooler-than-you' smooth shiny blue site that is actually pretty light on content.

just my opinion
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2001#11338 Report
nothing's wrong with designing a little off the beat site...

if u wanna critisize then critisize all those new age designers who think they can get away with placing their links and buttons
- in extremely small unreadable font
- or in small nameless buttons
- or in places which are extremely abnormal for a link to be in...

etc....now they are the ones that deserve to be critisized coz in the name of 'art' (HA!) they make sites that while may be visually good looking , are extremely hard to navigate..its like they want us NOT to navigate their site and just gaze at the beuty of the frontpage...but in the end if uve seen one of these polygonal designs..uve seen em all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2001#11376 Report
I agree there is nothing special there. I also agree about the pop ups. And I also agree about the tiny fonts and such.

Maniac, if you are saying that small fonts and such is bad from a usability perspective, then how can you say that his pop-up window is ok? That's much more annoying than a 'button placed in an odd place'. By doing that pup-up crap, he takes away your back button, your bookmarks, you address bar, your quick links, your print button, your search button, your home button, your file menu, and everything else that comes with a web browser. Basically you can click around in his site, or restart your web browser and start over. That is not usability friendly at all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 3rd 2001#11409 Report
Maniac of RAX? whats up old buddy, this is WeSt of soviet-invasion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 3rd 2001#11410 Report
The Soviet's are invading??? Ah!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum