TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

a more mature sort of approach

Page: 1 2 Reply
Dec 7th 2003#132243 Report
Mature Approach?

Now, I have tried to be a bit different this time, I have gone for something which is a slight bit more graphical but also a fairly respectable and mature looking site.

I was thinking that i may have a few different styles and add a php cookie script to allow the user to select their preferred style,

for example,

This one - Classic

Blue and White - Tech

Brown and Grey - Old Fashioned

I dont know really,

Please speak your mind,

Just bear in mind that the classic look is the sort of look which i am after on this layout......

There will be no navigation as such, only a few links... I think it is better this way...

Marc
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2003#132249 Report
Its ok! I hope you can do better though. Also (OFFTOPIC) whoever is in your sig: HE SCARES ME! =X
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2003#132251 Report
haha.. thats me..... thats also the first semi positive comment you have made towards me haha.... thanks

any more for anymore?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2003#132252 Report
I kinda like it. I like the splash at the top. Very nice photo.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2003#132253 Report
it's cleanerand better than your earlier work. Color would make it more interesting. Also there' sno point in putting your contact info inside the header. you want it to be text and inside the info section of your site.

the section headers are really light and hard to read.

also the text, you should use a more standard text than that. you can't use gifs or jpgs as text. you also cant bet on many people to have that font, wahtever it is. you should use a more regular font for text, maybe arial or verdana or something like that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2003#132257 Report
Yes, much better than your earlier work. Nice job man!

I just have one single problem with it, and I think I've said it before... the tele and email info should not be in the header. Put it somewhere else, like at the bottom along with all the © hooha and crap.

Kewl site *thumbs*
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2003#132258 Report
1) Add color

2) Change the content font

3) You have 3 sections devoted to contacting you (header, "About You", & "Communicate") as opposed to the one showcasing your work. That needs to change.

EDIT: Otherwise, good job! I like it better than the others.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 8th 2003#132357 Report
Originally posted by Entercode
I kinda like it. I like the splash at the top. Very nice photo.

i took that picture myself ;) ....... i will post up some more if you like? oin the photography section

3) You have 3 sections devoted to contacting you (header, "About You", & "Communicate") as opposed to the one showcasing your work. That needs to change.

Yes, one will be a get a quote thing.... but i can change header one... as lots of people seem to dislike that....

Change the content font

any suggestions? black?

also..... when it comes to adding colour to it? any suggestions about that?

Many thanks

Marc
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2003#132472 Report
*Tries to adjust the colors on the monitor...nope still didn't help*
It really needs some colors.
I like the photo too, but when the photo is black and white it's a bit harder to put colors in to the site.
If the photo would have some colors you could go with a color scheme that would be from the photo.
The font should be black yes but in georgia or verdana imo.
And pretty small font.
There will be no clickable links?
That doesn't bother me...just wondering.
Where will the content go that comes after "Click here for more information"?
Please don't say pop up boxes because they are very annoying!
This site is still a really big improvement from your other work.
Just don't give up on it.
Keep posting it here what you have done to it and I think you can get some really good c&c that could help it become really good.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2003#132475 Report
dude, this one is way better than your last ones. good job. i like everything about it except the font. its ugly. not the font in your banner, but the one in your content area. its just ... ugly. change that. please. :D great job tho man. awesome improvement.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum