TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Pixelated.... AGAIN

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 26th 2003#130623 Report
So basically, I just got my new domain name and web space and have just started developing a new site to put on them..... so.....

Pixelated Designs Is Here!

I know it doesnt all work at the moment.... (all the pages anyways) but if you go to the about us page you can get a general idea of what it will look like....

Comments and Critisicm Welcome

Many Thanks
Marc
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 26th 2003#130624 Report
You need to work on the navigation and the content area. Try to make something more complicated than a simple table.

Also, white on bright green is not the best color combo.

www.colorwhore.com <-- visit this site
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 26th 2003#130625 Report
you understand it? i thought it was quite a cool way of navigation..... with the content flow and all..... i dont know if you know what i mean... but maybe you do..?!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 26th 2003#130630 Report
the green is definitely an unfortunate choice - although it's a good bg for the chick - nice chick by the way

a bit more complexity wouldn't hurt also

but it's lots better than the last
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 26th 2003#130633 Report
many thanks mihai and telemahkos... that is the sole reason i chose the green background... the girl..... could you think of a font colour that would go betteR?

mihai.... looking forward to pixel peddler!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 26th 2003#130654 Report
So the background of the girl was green? So you just went with that? I don't really understand how the girl fits in with the design. And the site is kinda plain - you dont really have buttons... and you've used one font throughout the whole thing - it looks kinda boring. The html text is really big, and I dont know why. Think about those things.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 26th 2003#130657 Report
Well, I like the colour. I think it could be used well, you just need a few more elements to the site. Right now the colour reminds me of a hospital or a bathroom, but I think that perception can be changed. It's nice to see something different in terms of colour. Good work so far. Now build this sucker up a bit. Use lots of whites and and maybe one complimentary colour for some highlites and contrast and you could have a winner.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2003#130762 Report
the color works on print, but it doesnt work on the computer screen. It's way too bright. the difference between print colors and screen colors is that the computer screen emits light whereas paper and ink dont. So this green is halfway between being hurtfully bright and mellow, i'd say. You can still tone it down though.

otherwise i'd say it's pretty boring, eyecandy wont hurt :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2003#130773 Report
if its a Design site dont you think that you should showcase your ideas in your own site. you need to push your limits with the design so future clients will be impressed with what you can do.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2003#130801 Report
thanks for the comments guys
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum