TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My new page design. =)

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Nov 19th 2003#129589 Report
Or save the images as JPEGs at 6-10 quality.

If you slice it up more the total time will be the same (think about, it's still the same amount of image space).
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2003#129626 Report
ok, so i got home and looked at it again on my pc. still get the loading problem. each page took between 30 and 50 sec to show up which all start out with a grey blank screen for the first 10 or so seconds. and i'm on a cable connection. then it loads even further when i moused over the rollovers up at the top.
i saved your site and looked at it in dreamweaver. all the tables n such looked fine, and the majority of your images r 1 to 5 k which shouldn't be a problem at all. so, it really can only be the server that these pages r being viewed from. might want to contact them and find out if they've had this problem before. specially if u're paying for the web space. good luck. oh, and let me know when u fix it because i want to see your entire portfilio.

forgot; and the content area is too wide like dude said below.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2003#129647 Report
hmm.

Things I would change:

- The width of the 'content' is a little wide for me. Personally, I like to have text in columns. Right now, it's *header graphic/navigation*, *content*, *buttons and whatnot* - For the width of your navigation, you could do 2 seperate columns and pull it off nicely.

- Make the text on the navigation stand out a bit more. Flat black fonts ontop of darkish grey can be difficult for some folks with lower end systems to see.

- Mousing over the navigation is iffy. Sometimes the images swap correctly, sometimes not. Thought it might be opera being goofy, so I checked it in IE, and it still does it.

- Also, when I clicked on the 'orb' in your navigation to go back to the home page, your style sheet broke in opera. I don't think opera likes iframe's

Overall, I do like it though. But I am picky, just ask anyone here that's been around for a while.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2003#129674 Report
thank you all, will work on the weppage today. You donĀ“t know how much your comments are helping, thx again all.

Will post again after the make-over.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2003#129716 Report
Check out the page now, made some quality changes. I took it from 232kb to 102kb.

Hope it loads much faster now.

same link. =)

how long does it take now? Is it acceptabel ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2003#129718 Report
Sorry, maybe it's my connection today, but right now it actually took longer to load. So long in fact that if this was my first visit, there would be 0 chance of me staying. Waiting for 40 images or so to adjust themselves just isn't worth most peoples time in this day and age. I don't know what to suggest.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2003#129722 Report
looked at it at work today (i'm on cable here) and it took even longer to load than i remember from yesterday. and some parts on the nav didn't even finish.
telling u man, your web space provider sux, or it could be its location.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 20th 2003#129761 Report
hehe, Im burned.. *crying* =/.

hemm, this was hard, but NP, like some challange. thx again for checking it up.

Will post back as soon as I fixed this problem.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 20th 2003#129762 Report
Okey i got it, what if I ...

* Put it in Flash without slicing it up and made all the animations in Flash?

* And put the navigationbar in a frame ontop, so it only would load once?

That would work? plz say yes?! heh =) love you all ;)... heh
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 20th 2003#129765 Report
Just save everything at a lower quality.

Flash for no reason is stupid.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum