TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

another layout - almost finished

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 18th 2003#129427 Report
http://trhaynes.commscentral.net:8000/img/cnalayout2.gif

It's kinda wierd because everything butts up against each other. Which makes the contrast between the colors really important. I don't really think I did a good job with that aspect. And I'm not sure how great that will look, either, with everything so close to each other. What do you guys think?

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 18th 2003#129445 Report
Pretty good...

1) Differentiate the pictures a bit more...borders maybe?
2) Play with the pictures a bit and adjust them so they look more professional.
3) Put something in that ugly blank space in the lower right.
4) I like the other layout better.

(Liking the green though. Pea green rocks, it should be used more.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 18th 2003#129478 Report
I don’t think the contrast is too bad. The text may be a little too dark at the bottom for some monitors. The text on the photos could placed differently. (Little too busy) You could use a border like Telemakhos said but then use the text within that? (For the photos I mean)

The pea green reminds me of a schools cafeteria (cringes) but it that’s the schools colors then I guess there’s nothing much you can do accept maybe use less of it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 18th 2003#129510 Report
Hey Tom,
Doy uo mind if i enter that aswell? i could really do witht that oney for my college fees for next year!! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2003#129591 Report
That's what i hate about clients - they'll give you something like two school colors, something like Sun Yellow and Electric Pink, and tell you to make a site with it. God damn those bastards.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2003#129612 Report
I would like to make a suggestion and it could be a tad ignorant...

Any school site I have ever been on, the only ones I liked at all were white. I believe that unless you are a design school, or and art school, the website needs to be more function over form. Now I'm not saying have no colour. On the contrary, that green you have it nice. The blue on the other hand stinks. It does nothing for that beautiful green. Now if you did a predominately white site, use photos for colour, and use that green as accents, I think you would have something.

Everything is also a little to big. Free up some space. The last handful of things I have looked at on teamps, it seems people think you have to cram every pixel with information. Get some breathing room going and make the person want to stay and visit the site. Don't bombard them with tons of information.

The stroked text absolutely needs to go, as does the motion blurred text. Either that, or carry it out a bit better. Have the text fade in or something. Bump the logo up so it stands out. You want the site to say "COME TO THE COLLEGE OF THE NORTH ATLANTIC". Right now it is very timid.

This might help you out, as I know it helps me. With a website mockup, make more then 1 page. You may have the thought in your head that you have to get too much info on one page. Make a nice, simple and clean homepage then make a second page with some content. This way you can also show how you want to unify everything.

One last comment, you need some depth. The real problem is how flat everything seems. I've noticed you keep posting different mockups for the same thing too quickly. Spend some time and develop the look. We will still be here when you are ready to show.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum