TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

ShiftState.com - Portfolio

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Nov 19th 2003#129632 Report
Finally got it finished aye Rodder

lol I finally made a layout that will work on your computer! Turns out it was my fault all along.....the way i orig. scripted my preloader... would make the preloader execute (on slow connections like my 56k) before the header information loaded for file. So basically the preloader said......"there are no files, so i dont need to load anything.....so my job is done" My bad lol

And about the photos: 75% of the photo idea is due to me not wanting ppl to take my nice full size photos (1600x1200...im not a stockhouse :D [& im insane about this lol]) and 25% of it was I dont really want to make more pages. Also i figured the image detail was all the camera's work......so just as long as the user could see the composition its good enough.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2003#129650 Report
hehe, fair enough. It's a damn awesome site all the same rodder :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 20th 2003#129791 Report
I liked the site alot, quick loading,and very clean. Great job!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 22nd 2003#129979 Report
Fantastic site...I feel inspired to tackle a flash page after looking at that, but I know mine won't come out as good as yours....Congrats!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 22nd 2003#129987 Report
I like the concept and how the site works... it looks really clean and different, congrats

:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 29th 2003#135295 Report
Updated

Y@y lets bring up older threads :D . Actually I figured it would be better than making a whole nother thread....i mean its not a huge update.

Anywho....against my own advice (posted above) and out of complete randomness/bordem/confusion.... i overhauled my photography section. It was bothering me since the start (wasnt enough quality for me) and it seems pretty popular in my sites logs...so i redid it.

I wasn't quite sure how to display the images ( i dont want pop-up windows) but i came up with a Zoom feature that will temporary display the image (so viewing doesnt alter my layout in anyway way).

-changed some photo's (new ones)
-added larger photo's (big enough to get the idea across)

www.shiftstate.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 29th 2003#135299 Report
well done- clean, quick loading and easy to navigate....

just curious tho - with regards to your comment/forum section...how is the data stored??
it seems that when inputed a comment it was only visible after i went back to the site??

just to let you as someone above already mentioned
nonetheless, well done

cheers
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 29th 2003#135336 Report
thanks.

As to the forum...its text based (i dont know mysql) so there is some kinda caching issue with the text files. I had a fix for the cache issue in place....but it doesnt quite work like it should (its usually IE's fault) (tip: dont make forums in flash lol). It works ok...its just an annoyance though that it doesnt display the results immediately.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 30th 2003#135364 Report
yip thats what i was referring to, allthesame, well done...
and just a thought, I'm sure i've seen flash using xml external files, with close to little casching issues, that might be an option for ya...

best quakes
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2003#135500 Report
Excellent work. The only suggestion I have, which I made to you over AIM, is that you have stronger work then the current evergreen theme when you open the page. It doesnt grab my eye.

Great job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum