TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

quick layout I did

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 3rd 2003#127561 Report
This is my first attempt at doing a photoshop w/slice layout.

Website

I had a few technical errors at first because my slice selections were too complex, but I believe I corrected them by going with simpler slices.

But what do you guys think of the layout. I just threw it together real quick, so I am not real invested into the design. Most of the websites I do are entirely flash and I like a lot of the freedom that flash gives me, but not the drag on bandwidth that it causes so I was trying to mix images with flash to make the website more accessable to 56krs.

I intentionally wanted to keep the site very very basic and clean. Low color pallet, and with a white backround.

So any imput or suggestions you guys have would be great.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 3rd 2003#127562 Report
Put some filler text in so we can see where what it will look like finished.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 3rd 2003#127619 Report
i dont like that . . . its just not eyecatchy , all u have there is text 3 moving things and nav, its not even simple its bland, and i no it'll be differnt when it has content in it , however thats not going to get rid of the big grey sqaure ,

i suggest more color get rid of the side by side lines no point,
i like the logo in the upper right maybe put that in the middle with text floating around it saying underconstruction,

the whole thing needs a frame aswell, its to open, block it off even with a 1pixel black border, n then center it
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 3rd 2003#127641 Report
i dislike flash but im sure witha little more graphic work...... that site could be nice
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 3rd 2003#127661 Report
Actually, in the final version I was thinking of dropping the flash out, or putting up a movie on the main page like so.

Second page

This is just an example of what I would throw up there (so don't worry about the content of the flash or anything. This flash is actually a piece of work I did for a site that never used it...SO... Its mine now...)

I am more concerned about the layout of the buttons up top (have not made them buttons just yet), the giant logo running down the left side of the screen, and the placement of pictures. Stuff like that.

If I don't like the layout on this one I already have a full flash website layout produced. The only problem is that as of right now I have kind of promised to give the layout to my brother for the company he owns. Soooo... what can I say.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum