TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Layouts for a video game design firm

Page: 1 2 Reply
Oct 27th 2003#126628 Report
Ok I need help with this. I have had these 2 designs done for me, but I don't think they are the right fit for the company. Any help would be appreciated.

designs
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2003#126631 Report
on preview the buttons dont go with the rest of the layout,
home and contact could be a bit more on the button. . . .

and the lines on the header are a no no , imo

as for the RT the buttons go better however wat they on is just naff get rid of it, you have a dark header, which btw is better then the preview one, anyway u have a dark header and bright boxes n nav tone them down darken them get the site in tone. . . .

its an ok design, userfriendly but u have a contampary feel along with a peace ful fell, u try to put computer style in by putting the lines and dashes, its not doing anything for me . . .

remember simple is good. . .
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2003#126634 Report
yeh the only problem is my friend and i both lost the image files due to a nasty virus. And he does not have the time to help me remake. heh. I think the second design needs to have more to it. It seems so plane to me.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2003#126635 Report
The first one is interesting... The top part is quite good and unique but the bottom doesn't fit in at all. The menu on the left looks like it was taken from a different site, and should be removed and completely changed.

The words on the top menu are pretty blurry, and the font is boring. I think it would look better to choose a better font and make them curve with the buttons. Rather than just kind of sitting on top of them.

And the little content boxes at the bottom don't fit in with the rest either. The top part has more of a classy feel in my opinion, then you have elements from a couple of other sites that got thrown in their somehow. If you just use the top and redo all of the bottom stuff I think it could be really cool.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2003#126647 Report
I agree with deker. The top is great, but the bottom content area and the left navigation need to be changed to match the site. Honestly, the left navigation could probably just go. It doesn't serve a good enough purpous to stick out like that.

Not sure if they fit the company? Um ... what is the companies purpous? Maybe we could help more if we knew more.

Stick with the first one tho ... just edit it and let it evolve.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2003#126654 Report
i think that if it is for a gaming site..... am i right?....... then you need to have a tek looking design...... dont go for all that interface stuff......

go for the nice sexy looking darkish design
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2003#126656 Report
I don't think it needs to look like every other game site on the internet. I think it is very unique and eyecatching right now. And it's great that it doesn't look like every other game site. I think throwing up a black background and a bunch of screenshots of the game the site is about is a pretty cheap way to make a site...
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 28th 2003#126734 Report
how about flash
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 28th 2003#126739 Report
i like image 1 ...
but hardly can read the navbuttons

nice 1
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 28th 2003#126747 Report
Use flash to make one of the propellers spin, and use the first layout. It's much better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum