TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Afarm media solutions - an idea

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Oct 16th 2003#124967 Report
Hey, I'm trying to work on a more corporate-ish site in attempt to go around to some small businesses and get some sites in the portfolio what does everything think of this layout, its in .jpg format as I didn't want to slice everything up just to have everyone say it sucks hehe

(just fyi, that huge white part with the giant AFARM text, thats gonna be like the main content area, and when a link is clicked, the information will display inside an iframe or just via regular content display and that Afarm text will be replaced with whatever linked content is clicked)

comments feedback anything is appreciated

http://mptolman.com/~afarm/afarmmediasolutions.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#124969 Report
its nice only thing you might want to look in to (maybe) is a footer? and lower the opacity a bit for the drop shadow for the AFARM text on the top right.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#124989 Report
Great idea for a site and design, I think it looks better then a lot of stuff I have seen recently. Nice work m8. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#124990 Report
Nice! You def. got the corp. feel (simple with good colors). 2 things i dont like though:

1) The header. For starters it looks more like a blog or gaming site header. Its just too "funky" (not quite the corp. feel). Also the shape of the header....doesnt match the rest of the site. Most corp. sites are very square-ish in shape.

2)Who,What,Where,Why,How thing is just....well not good. Also if your have specific links next to each (like services...) then the text is just not needed.

2 1/2) (i hate the word "solutions"....but thats just me)
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#125026 Report
Very sexy.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#125027 Report
IMO, you should trim down the left side a tad.

It cuts too far into the 'body' section of the page.

Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#125029 Report
I like the header idea but I don't like the drop shadow on the upper right text. Also maybe just two bars (instead of 3) would be good. I dont like the arrow next to the main links, either. It looks distorted and doesn't point to the links - it point down at the baseline. Get it more into the style of the site.

You have a lot of different boxes there - are you going to fill them with different things on every page or will the welcome text always be there? And the image - what is that going to be?

I like the quick links section - thats very nice. Is "AFARM" one word? You have two instances and in one there is a space between the 'A' and the 'F'.

I would learn some CSS and do the site that way. Make it tableless - thats the future of web design. But if thats not the way you code then don't make your site that way. I dunno - I've just been in a CSS-only mode lately. My next site will definately be like that.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#125037 Report
thanks for all the comments guys! yeah the arrow was just kinda a last minute jitter, I am gonna tone down or remove the shadow on the header text, and those boxes yeah, all those boxes such as the welcome, the recent works, the pic (im not sure what i want it to be yet, something corporate-ish), and like quick links will all stay there and when a site is linked the content will go in the box with the giant AFARM in it, and yes, i am an idiot, AFARM is suppose to be one word, i gotta fix that lol

thanks for all these great critiques guys keep em comin!

(ps, could you pm me with some information on what you are referring to as tableless design, i am somewhat of an idiot and would like to know how you accomplish such a thing using css)

EDIT***
Refined version based on peoples' critique's

http://mptolman.com/~afarm/afarmmediasolutions.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#125058 Report
I really like this. Simple, beautiful.. It's a lot nicer than your old one i think! :D

Damn.. i was honestly gonna do a similar thing to my site (i made this silouhette off a picture of myself and i was gonna use it..;( )
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 17th 2003#125077 Report
I think it looks awesome InHale... good to see you back in action again, you were gone for a while there ;) The design is great, simple, clean, and just awesome.... kindof trendwhorish... but I like that kindof stuff :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum