TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

hmmm what do you think?

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 7th 2003#123898 Report
OK I had this idea while at school - you can see the sketches at the bottom. Nothing special really, which is too bad. There's a lot of 'white' space... Anything that I could do to make it more exciting? Some interesting CSS might help, but it also needs to be a tad more graphically appealing. And no thats not my logo of course - just for presentation.

http://trhaynes.commscentral.net:8000/img/trianglelayout.jpg

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2003#123902 Report
Nice design, I really liked the way you built the menu with the logo in the middle.

The only problem is, that the logo is exactly like the one a danish boyscout group uses... that would be a huge turn-off for me when visiting the site ;) :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2003#123909 Report
This is quite good. The only thing I would say I don't like about it is a. the color scheme (the shade of purple I don't dig) and also the logo as mentioned above (i think this is a wingding?) But you said it's not the actual logo.

otherwise, yes, this design is very clean and I dig it :D only other thing i might suggest is some more eyecandy other than that good job
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2003#123919 Report
yeah im pretty sure its a wingding.

I really like the menu set up. I think thats great idea!! (very creative). Only problem is the layout isnt good enough for it. Not saying its a bad layout...im just saying the navigation and information dont match too well.

As a tip (just in general...whether u made this layout specifically or just used it to show off your cool navigation) --- maybe try a nonconventional layout. Dont confine yourself to columns and rectangular shapes. In the end...the website will be a rectangle....but in that shape you can put any kind of element u want. I suggest this cause your logo/nav has many shapes that u can work with.

for example (just random sites i found to illustrate my point)

- http://www.proacaodisplays.com.br/
- http://www.highctr.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2003#123930 Report
Yeah it was a fluer-de-lis which is a French logo thing. I updated the site - I think it is much better now. More "eye candy" as supah mentioned. As to a different shape, rodder, I'm not really sure how that would work but I will think about it. Any concrete suggestions if I come up with a blank?

site - http://trhaynes.commscentral.net:8000/img/trianglelayout.jpg
randoms - http://trhaynes.commscentral.net:8000/img/random.jpg

Was thinking about making the randoms greyscale. There will be red as links and titles in the text so I think there will be enough color. Maybe '01'-'12' will be red. Or the stroke. Just to add a little bit more color. But I think I'll go with the greyscale.

Thanks guys.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2003#124030 Report
design = nice
random = nice
color scheme = not so much

i have to agree with supa on this one. for some reason i'm just not digging the 'purpleish' thing going on.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2003#124049 Report
The idea is great, and the design is comming along great to. Only thing I suggest is that you make your logo a little more ... unique ... all I see is a triangle (and I'm guessing that's your logo). Change the text in the content areas to black ... or a very dark grey. The color you got aint workin. I love how you did the navigation, but the random thing on the right ... well ... I kinda get lost. Random WHAT? Pictures? Sites? I don't get it. It's nice (and personally, I think you should put some effort into makin a nice border for it) but I don't get why its there. Where it says "Welcome to Generation Designs ..." I think you should change the font and make it a little larger. Maybe add some text effects to it and slap a logo to the left. That's all I can see right now ...

But its a good design, man. I think you should stick with it ... just make a few improvements here and there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2003#124078 Report
yeah I agree with .02 and I have to say your designs is a lot better this time just try different color schemes and stuff, and maybe stylize the menu buttons to make it look more sophisticated.

Great Job
Cheers
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 9th 2003#124165 Report
I told this to you over the IM but I think it's good to say this here, because it makes a valid point.

The triangular space is where you'd put the logo, right? In your 2nd design, the logo isn't in an effective spot. The 3 most effective spots would be at the far left, the far right, or the middle; it draws attention. Especially the far left (because our eyes go top left to bottom right) or the center (it becomes center of attention). But as it is, it doesnt draw enough attention. You see the links before you see the logo, and I kind of don't like that about the logo placement.

Otherwise, sexay.

edit. Woah man I love your choices for the random images
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum